Jul 19, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Shea Weber’s offer sheet was brought up in a “lighthearted way.”
Jul 19, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
He doesn’t think Shea would be in this situation if Ryan Suter had re-signed with Nashville.
Jul 19, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Instead he signed with a nice, quiet place like Philadelphia…wait…
Jul 19, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
David Poile, shooting for the moon.
Jul 19, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Comments like that might make a Nashville return awkward. Or, more awkward.
Jul 19, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
“We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea.”
Jul 19, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Logic says they have to match, but the finance department might say otherwise.
Jul 19, 2012, 10:45 AM EDT
And it all began with Bobby Clarke.
Jul 19, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
Philadelphia’s breaking the bank on this one.
Jul 19, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
That and more in our Thursday edition of the Morning Skate.
Jul 19, 2012, 1:21 AM EDT
Never say the Flyers aren’t bold…
Jul 18, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
But will Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk be open to making a long-term commitment?
Jul 18, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
They’re not good. (Update: They’re very good.)
Jul 17, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Of course, talking and signing are two very different things.
Jul 15, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Offer sheets are rare, but the negotiations can be rough.
Jul 11, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
Nashville GM David Poile better prepare a good sales pitch.
Jul 8, 2012, 8:41 PM EDT
There’s quite a few teams that are still well below it.
Jul 8, 2012, 6:10 PM EDT
The uncertainty regarding the upcoming CBA might make him less inclined to sign a one-year deal.
Jul 8, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Exchanging one set of cap problems for another does no one any good.
Jul 8, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
He’s being talked about even when he’s not trying. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jul 6, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
“Whether this franchise is in Timbuktu, the one point of not choosing to stay and play with Shea Weber, I will never, ever understand that.”
Jul 5, 2012, 6:56 PM EDT
Will any of them actually make it that far?
Jul 5, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
So what happens now?
Jul 5, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
A couple of Ducks lead the class.
Jul 5, 2012, 11:01 AM EDT
For Ken Holland, that might be his only option.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)