Jul 21, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
He visited the Rangers yesterday.
Jul 21, 2012, 8:03 AM EST
Plus: Derek Roy discusses surgery and more links.
Jul 20, 2012, 2:02 PM EST
No Parise, no Suter, no anyone. Problems ahead?
Jul 20, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
That and more in our Friday edition of the Morning Skate.
Jul 19, 2012, 10:25 PM EST
He’s nervous about the possibility of a lockout.
Jul 19, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
Shea Weber’s offer sheet was brought up in a “lighthearted way.”
Jul 19, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
He doesn’t think Shea would be in this situation if Ryan Suter had re-signed with Nashville.
Jul 19, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
Instead he signed with a nice, quiet place like Philadelphia…wait…
Jul 19, 2012, 3:17 PM EST
David Poile, shooting for the moon.
Jul 19, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
Comments like that might make a Nashville return awkward. Or, more awkward.
Jul 19, 2012, 12:11 PM EST
“We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea.”
Jul 19, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
Logic says they have to match, but the finance department might say otherwise.
Jul 19, 2012, 10:45 AM EST
And it all began with Bobby Clarke.
Jul 19, 2012, 10:13 AM EST
Philadelphia’s breaking the bank on this one.
Jul 19, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
That and more in our Thursday edition of the Morning Skate.
Jul 19, 2012, 1:21 AM EST
Never say the Flyers aren’t bold…
Jul 18, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
But will Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk be open to making a long-term commitment?
Jul 18, 2012, 11:36 AM EST
They’re not good. (Update: They’re very good.)
Jul 17, 2012, 1:47 PM EST
Of course, talking and signing are two very different things.
Jul 15, 2012, 6:56 PM EST
Offer sheets are rare, but the negotiations can be rough.
Jul 11, 2012, 5:04 PM EST
Nashville GM David Poile better prepare a good sales pitch.
Jul 8, 2012, 8:41 PM EST
There’s quite a few teams that are still well below it.
Jul 8, 2012, 6:10 PM EST
The uncertainty regarding the upcoming CBA might make him less inclined to sign a one-year deal.
Jul 8, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Exchanging one set of cap problems for another does no one any good.
Jul 8, 2012, 10:09 AM EST
He’s being talked about even when he’s not trying. That and more in the Morning Skate.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)