May 26, 2011, 4:51 PM EST
With the Sharks out of the playoffs, we now know the injuries that Joe Thornton, Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Jason Demers dealt with. Win or lose, it validates the impression that hockey players are tough.
May 24, 2011, 5:23 PM EST
Even with Joe Thornton in the lineup for Game 5, it’s clear that other Sharks players must step up to keep their hopes alive.
May 24, 2011, 1:46 PM EST
The Sharks denied their playoff “demons” going into Game 5 against the Canucks tonight.
May 24, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones provide this preview of Game 5 between the Sharks and Canucks.
May 22, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
The Sharks and Canucks switched roles from Game 3 to Game 4, as special teams fueled Vancouver’s 4-2 win. San Jose finds themselves down 3-1 in the series with their captain Joe Thornton’s health in question.
May 22, 2011, 2:02 PM EST
Beyond simply winning, the Sharks hope that three different trends continue against the Canucks in Game 4.
May 22, 2011, 1:22 PM EST
With Christian Ehrhoff and Aaron Rome likely out of the Canucks lineup, Vancouver will likely turn to Keith Ballard and Andrew Alberts. Will the Ballard trade finally be worth it after a disappointing season?
May 22, 2011, 2:56 AM EST
The Canucks have been struggling with the Sharks’ power play all series long, but Game 3 brings up concerns about a gap in the two squads’ special teams units.
May 22, 2011, 12:10 AM EST
One of the biggest stories of the playoffs has been Joe Thornton’s supposed transformation into a true playoff performer. Yet if you look at his numbers with San Jose, the change hasn’t been as drastic as many believe.
May 21, 2011, 9:20 PM EST
Mike Milbury points out what allowed the Sharks to win Game 3 and provides a preview of their Game 4 match against the Canucks in this video.
May 21, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
The NHL won’t fine or suspend Jamie McGinn for boarding Aaron Rome, but it would be surprising to see him play for the Sharks again in the playoffs after his second ill-advised major penalty and game misconduct of the postseason.
May 20, 2011, 5:33 PM EST
The Sharks know that tonight’s Game 3 match against the Canucks is important, but they also realize it’s not technically a ‘must-win’ game.
May 20, 2011, 4:39 PM EST
The Canucks are six playoff wins away from completing a rare hockey feat for the city of Vancouver: a gold medal and Stanley Cup in successive years. Even if the Canucks fall short, it’s still been a pretty stunning run, as this post illustrates.
May 20, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
Despite a costly third period meltdown that put his team in a bad position in Game 2, Ben Eager is expected to play for the Sharks in Game 3.
May 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Mike Keenan and Keith Jones break down Game 3 between the Sharks and Canucks.
May 18, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
It sounds like the Canucks will be without winger Mikael Samuelsson for the rest of their series against the Sharks.
May 18, 2011, 12:40 PM EST
Sharks coach Todd McLellan isn’t expecting huge improvements in Game 2, he just wants his team to take those extra steps to win the game.
May 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Want a quick preview of Game 2 between the Sharks and Canucks? Check out Hockey Central’s take in this post.
May 17, 2011, 9:26 PM EST
It might seem odd that Joe Thornton asked Ryan Kesler to drop the gloves during the first puck drop of Game 1, but this post reveals that Jumbo Joe has done that before.
May 16, 2011, 6:49 PM EST
The Sharks are hoping for more from three players in particular: Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. How realistic are those requests, though?
May 15, 2011, 11:30 PM EST
The Canucks wore down the Sharks in the third period to take a 3-2 win and 1-0 series lead. This post recaps that exciting game.
May 14, 2011, 5:13 PM EST
The San Jose Sharks managed to get the Western Conference finals thanks to their many strengths, but what one flaw could be fatal in Round 3? This post features our guess, along with input via Mr. Plank from Fear the Fin.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)