May 26, 2011, 4:51 PM EDT
With the Sharks out of the playoffs, we now know the injuries that Joe Thornton, Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Jason Demers dealt with. Win or lose, it validates the impression that hockey players are tough.
May 24, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT
Even with Joe Thornton in the lineup for Game 5, it’s clear that other Sharks players must step up to keep their hopes alive.
May 24, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
The Sharks denied their playoff “demons” going into Game 5 against the Canucks tonight.
May 24, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Jeremy Roenick and Keith Jones provide this preview of Game 5 between the Sharks and Canucks.
May 22, 2011, 6:57 PM EDT
The Sharks and Canucks switched roles from Game 3 to Game 4, as special teams fueled Vancouver’s 4-2 win. San Jose finds themselves down 3-1 in the series with their captain Joe Thornton’s health in question.
May 22, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
Beyond simply winning, the Sharks hope that three different trends continue against the Canucks in Game 4.
May 22, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
With Christian Ehrhoff and Aaron Rome likely out of the Canucks lineup, Vancouver will likely turn to Keith Ballard and Andrew Alberts. Will the Ballard trade finally be worth it after a disappointing season?
May 22, 2011, 2:56 AM EDT
The Canucks have been struggling with the Sharks’ power play all series long, but Game 3 brings up concerns about a gap in the two squads’ special teams units.
May 22, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
One of the biggest stories of the playoffs has been Joe Thornton’s supposed transformation into a true playoff performer. Yet if you look at his numbers with San Jose, the change hasn’t been as drastic as many believe.
May 21, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
Mike Milbury points out what allowed the Sharks to win Game 3 and provides a preview of their Game 4 match against the Canucks in this video.
May 21, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
The NHL won’t fine or suspend Jamie McGinn for boarding Aaron Rome, but it would be surprising to see him play for the Sharks again in the playoffs after his second ill-advised major penalty and game misconduct of the postseason.
May 20, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
The Sharks know that tonight’s Game 3 match against the Canucks is important, but they also realize it’s not technically a ‘must-win’ game.
May 20, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
The Canucks are six playoff wins away from completing a rare hockey feat for the city of Vancouver: a gold medal and Stanley Cup in successive years. Even if the Canucks fall short, it’s still been a pretty stunning run, as this post illustrates.
May 20, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Despite a costly third period meltdown that put his team in a bad position in Game 2, Ben Eager is expected to play for the Sharks in Game 3.
May 20, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Mike Keenan and Keith Jones break down Game 3 between the Sharks and Canucks.
May 18, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
It sounds like the Canucks will be without winger Mikael Samuelsson for the rest of their series against the Sharks.
May 18, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Sharks coach Todd McLellan isn’t expecting huge improvements in Game 2, he just wants his team to take those extra steps to win the game.
May 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Want a quick preview of Game 2 between the Sharks and Canucks? Check out Hockey Central’s take in this post.
May 17, 2011, 9:26 PM EDT
It might seem odd that Joe Thornton asked Ryan Kesler to drop the gloves during the first puck drop of Game 1, but this post reveals that Jumbo Joe has done that before.
May 16, 2011, 6:49 PM EDT
The Sharks are hoping for more from three players in particular: Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. How realistic are those requests, though?
May 15, 2011, 11:30 PM EDT
The Canucks wore down the Sharks in the third period to take a 3-2 win and 1-0 series lead. This post recaps that exciting game.
May 14, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks managed to get the Western Conference finals thanks to their many strengths, but what one flaw could be fatal in Round 3? This post features our guess, along with input via Mr. Plank from Fear the Fin.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)