Aug 27, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
He says the looming lockout is causing problems, however.
Aug 21, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT
There’s a catch to this, however.
Oct 22, 2011, 12:30 AM EDT
Here’s a look at some of the forwards that Joe Thornton made rich in his first 1,000 NHL games.
Aug 28, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
We’ve taken a look at who else is out there on the free agent list, but which five could be the best contributors to a team in need? We’ve got a list of five we’d run to first.
Aug 27, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
There aren’t many options in unrestricted free agency any more, but here are a few players who at least might be worth a look.
Jul 24, 2011, 6:39 PM EDT
Through over three weeks of free agency, most guys have found new homes. As for the rest of the unrestricted free agents, they’re waiting for table scraps and an opportunity to show they’re worth it.
Jul 16, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
With Kristian Huselius likely out until sometime between November to January, the Blue Jackets either need to find a free agent or trade to help cover the hole left in the lineup.
Jul 7, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
After nearly a week of free agency madness, the pack of players available that could still be very useful has thinned out considerably. Who’s the best of the best though? We’ve got a few picks to sort through.
Jul 2, 2011, 1:12 PM EDT
With Brad Richards headed to the New York Rangers, the three teams that failed to land him are now left to figure out what to do next to help them out for next season.
Jun 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
It would be bad enough if you judged the Cam Neely trade just by how his career (and Glen Wesley’s seven seasons) compared to Barry Pederson’s time. Yet when you follow all the assets the Bruins received thanks to trading Wesley later on, it’s clear Boston continues to benefit from that move.
Feb 28, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
The Hurricanes added a big defenseman in Bryan Allen while the Panthers acquired a speedy forward (and an expiring contract) in Sergei Samsonov in the latest trade.
Feb 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
With Evgeni Malkin likely done for the season and playoffs, the Penguins must move on. How will they use a sudden glut of cap space to try to fill some of that void? Read this post for some suggestions and speculation.
Oct 14, 2010, 6:48 PM EDT
The Carolina Hurricanes left Helsinki, Finland for the better, even if they might still be a bit bleary-eyed from the long flight and crazy hour change. They went 2-0 and Cam Ward looked sharp, but the biggest beneficiary might just be Sergei Samsonov. He missed those first two games recovering from a preseason injury, but…
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)