Feb 20, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
For those who last month’s game, there’s a little bad blood that may spill over to Sunday afternoon’s game.
Feb 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Finding openly gay pro athletes might be difficult, but if there’s a hockey player that’s afraid of coming out, Sean Avery wants them to know he’s ready to support them for doing it.
Jan 8, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT
Sean Avery was impressed by the weak portions of hate cooked up Dallas Stars fans last night.
Dec 23, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
The latest episode of HBO’s 24/7 shows us that Bruce Boudreau seems to have a better handle on the locker room while the Caps don’t seem to handle criticism all too well.
Dec 9, 2010, 2:50 PM EDT
Sean Avery and Henrik Lundqvist made Forbes.com’s list of the 15 best dressed athletes.
Dec 2, 2010, 9:20 PM EDT
An amusing column names the NHL’s “top five actors” including Sidney Crosby, Dustin Brown and Sean Avery. Click “Read More” to learn who earned the top spot.
Nov 28, 2010, 10:15 PM EDT
PHT readers think that the referees were wrong in calling off that Flyers goal against the Flames after deciding that Chris Pronger violated “The Avery Rule.”
Nov 26, 2010, 5:56 PM EDT
“The Avery Rule” made an unlikely appearance today, as a Flyers OT game winner was called off because Chris Pronger waved his hand in Miikka Kiprusoff’s face. Did the officials make the right call?
More Rangers-Oilers: Christensen talked to, Alex Burrows supports Sean Avery, Smid will know better next time
Nov 15, 2010, 6:24 PM EDT
Hearing Sean Avery get a pat on the back from Alex Burrows for punching Ladislav Smid should be the postscript you were looking for about yesterday’s Rangers-Oilers brouhaha.
Nov 15, 2010, 12:38 PM EDT
The NHL will not suspend any of the involved parties in yesterday’s line brawl between the New York Rangers and Edmonton Oilers.
Nov 14, 2010, 8:07 PM EDT
While the Rangers were busy thumping on the Oilers at MSG, Sean Avery finds himself starting a line brawl brouhaha to liven the afternoon game up just a bit.
Nov 12, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
The Rangers are honoring their 85 years in the NHL by showing off their new, old school-like, third jersey.
Oct 22, 2010, 1:26 PM EDT
Canucks forward Rick Rypien gets a six-game suspension, but we’re left feeling that that wasn’t enough.
Oct 17, 2010, 2:36 PM EDT
Honestly, I thought the NHL went overboard in handing New York Islanders defenseman James Wisniewski a two game suspension for making the international gesture for fellatio toward Sean Avery. Sure, it was childish and embarrassing, but isn’t that how you’d describe just about every post-whistle scuffle and bit of trash talking? He simply translated that…
Oct 16, 2010, 4:50 PM EDT
Last night’s game between Toronto and the New York Rangers saw business pick up late in the game when away from a scrum near the boards, Rangers agitator Sean Avery and Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek got to chatting. Apparently whatever was being said wasn’t to Avery’s liking and he slashed Komisarek twice, first in the…
Oct 12, 2010, 11:13 PM EDT
The NHL handed down their decisions for James Wisniewski and Niklas Hjalmarsson. So how did two entirely different things lead to the same punishment? Easy, the NHL has goofy values.
Oct 12, 2010, 6:23 PM EDT
The NHL has a funny way of legislating bad behavior more harshly than dirty hits, but it’s pretty difficult to deny the need to suspend James Wisniewski for the lewd gestures he made toward perennial pest Sean Avery. TSN reports that Wisniewski will receive a two-game suspension for his childish behavior. (Read Joe’s initial take…
Oct 11, 2010, 5:54 PM EDT
Ever get the feeling that the life of Sean Avery is never dull? You better believe it. During today’s Rangers 6-4 loss to the Islanders, early in the game Avery ran afoul of Islanders defenseman James Wisniewski and the two had an enlightened chat after the whistle. Wisniewski shared his thoughts of Avery by greeting…
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 12
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 22
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)