Nov 27, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Rangers tough guy drops mitts twice in crazy first period.
Nov 11, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
The Rangers are going up the quad and to the gymnasium… because they’re going streaking.
Nov 9, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
New York center could miss up to six weeks.
Nov 5, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Technically speaking, Sean Avery played tonight, but it shouldn’t be shocking that he made a negligible impact in less than five minutes of ice time.
Nov 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
John Tortorella confirms that Sean Avery is going to hit the ice for the first time this season (NHL ice that is). If he’s looking for inspiration, another notorious pest (Daniel Carcillo) showed him exactly what he should be striving for as he makes his return. We present to you, our Morning Skate.
Nov 4, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
He’ll draw into the lineup as the Rangers host the Habs at MSG.
Nov 1, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Sean Avery clears re-entry waivers to join the Rangers for a second chance at playing nicely with John Tortorella.
Oct 31, 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
The Rangers are perfectly average right now but can Sean Avery be the spark they need to do better?
Oct 31, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Rangers are reeling and the Sharks are looking awfully good. Sounds like a recipe for disaster at Madison Square Garden.
Oct 30, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Could be in the line-up by Thursday.
Oct 28, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
Sean Avery isn’t with the Rangers, but he’s there with them in spirit with the fans in a big way.
Oct 19, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
But has he run out of chances?
Oct 17, 2011, 9:21 AM EDT
You think your team has had it rough traveling so far? Take a look at how far the New York Rangers will go before they even play a home game this year.
Oct 11, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
Sean Avery reported to Connecticut to accept his demotion. The Rangers are pleased since they get cap relief, but losing that $1.9 million could eventually send the Stars below the cap floor.
Oct 5, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
Today’s waiver wire fun sees Sean Avery going unclaimed and Blair Betts being plucked by the Canadiens after being waived by Philadelphia.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:14 PM EDT
The Rangers choice to waive Sean Avery could very well help screw up the Dallas Stars’ salary cap situation. How? The Stars might be off the hook in a special way if Avery is demoted.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
As PHT speculated about a week ago, the Rangers decided to waive pest Sean Avery. It marks another low point in a career that’s starting to have far more valleys than peaks and begs the question about the 31-year-old forward’s future.
Oct 3, 2011, 5:51 PM EDT
All right, you can make the Swiss pun for yourselves as the Rangers were dropped like a sack of Toblerones by EV Zug 8-4 in an exhibition in Switzerland.
Sep 29, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
Punishments are handed down for everything from headshots to boarding to instigating a fight. Is it time that trash talk that crosses the link should start to be punished as well? One coach thinks so…
Sep 28, 2011, 9:01 PM EDT
Sean Avery has always walked the line between pest and troublemaker. But now is he walking the line between the NHL and a trip to the AHL?
Sep 27, 2011, 7:54 PM EDT
The Canadian Press reports that Wayne Simmonds won’t face disciplinary action for allegedly using a homophobic taunt in a verbal exchange with Sean Avery. How do you feel about the decision?
Sep 27, 2011, 3:39 PM EDT
Do we have problems reading lips or is Wayne Simmonds just poorly denying making a homophobic slur at Sean Avery?
Sep 27, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
Wayne Simmonds’ alleged use of a homophobic slur has earned him a date with Colin Campbell to discuss the incident. GLAAD is also looking into an already very ugly situation.
Sep 26, 2011, 11:28 PM EDT
Not even a week after dealing with an ugly racial display, Wayne Simmonds is being accused of using a homophobic comment in a trash-talking exchange with Sean Avery. It was an ugly game tonight, as Tom Sestito’s hit might also generate some suspension controversy.
Sep 26, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
You knew, I knew it, we all knew it but the NHL finally made it official. The 2012 Winter Classic is coming to Philadelphia and features the Flyers taking on the New York Rangers.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)