Oct 27, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
If Philly’s loss to Montreal was a sign of things to come for life without Pronger, the Flyers have some big problems ahead.
Sep 27, 2011, 9:56 PM EDT
Great news for Scott Hartnell: he cleared a cardiologist’s test and skated in practice on Tuesday. There’s even a chance that the Flyers forward could play in a Thursday exhibition contest after that scary incident involving an elevated heart rate.
Sep 25, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell will see a cardiologist on Tuesday after being held out of the third period of Saturday’s preseason game with an elevated heart rate.
Aug 24, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
Judd Apatow enlisted Ian Laperriere for a false teeth-related gag, so the injured Flyers grinder brought Scott Hartnell, James van Riemsdyk and Matt Carle along for the ride.
Aug 12, 2011, 5:46 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell isn’t unfamiliar with big changes in Philadelphia. That’s how things started for him with the Flyers in the first place.
May 12, 2011, 6:09 PM EDT
The Flyers announced that Chris Pronger, Kris Versteeg and Michael Leighton underwent successful surgeries today.
May 10, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Mike Richards is among the Flyers players who will need off-season surgery, but most of today’s focus was on his testy relationship with the media and the quality of his leadership.
Apr 24, 2011, 6:18 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell scored the only goal of the third period to tie the game 4-4, sending Game 6 to overtime. Read this post for a recap of the action up to this point.
Apr 7, 2011, 4:26 PM EDT
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren held a closed door meeting to address the teams late season slump. Of course, getting Chris Pronger back would be just as good as a nice motivational speech, though.
Jan 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Here are some selected bits of Star Cam footage for both the Flyers and Blackhawks during today’s Game of the Week contest.
Jan 23, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The Flyers showed why they’re the best in the Eastern Conference after humbling the defending champion Blackhawks 4-1 in Chicago.
Jan 17, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
Danny Briere received a $1,000 fine for taking a swing at Brandon Prust despite being on the Flyers’ bench.
Jan 17, 2011, 4:07 PM EDT
Who scored the January 10-16 Goal of the Week? The nominees are: Sean Bergenheim, Scott Hartnell, Martin St. Louis, Dave Bolland, James Neal, Mark Recchi and Mason Raymond.
Jan 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Scott Hartnell scored from a spot that forwards rarely score from during January 13th’s goal of the night.
Jan 12, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Two hat tricks took place last night: one of the official variety (Patrice Bergeron) and another one of the unofficial Gordie Howe variety (Scott Hartnell). View footage of both by clicking “Read More.”
Philadelphia passes Pittsburgh with win as they end Penguins’ streak, but cannot keep Crosby off the board
Dec 14, 2010, 10:04 PM EDT
Sure, Sidney Crosby extended his point scoring streak to 19 games, but the Flyers stopped the Penguins’ winning streak and took the Atlantic/East/NHL points lead in the process.
Dec 8, 2010, 11:12 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers were a tenth of a second away from winning in overtime against the San Jose Sharks, who ended up besting the Broad Street Bullies in the shootout.
Oct 23, 2010, 3:58 PM EDT
For Philadelphia Flyers fans, rugged winger Scott Hartnell’s hair is a source of much joy and entertainment. The team even had a Hartnell inspired wig giveaway as one of its promotions. For the remaining hockey fans, Hartnell’s ‘do ranges from over the top to flat-out obnoxious. One thing that Flyers fans and rivals should approve…
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)