Nov 10, 2011, 10:10 PM EDT
Reaching the 500-point mark probably won’t be the first thing Rick Nash talks about tonight.
Nov 9, 2011, 10:13 AM EDT
As if Columbus fans weren’t enjoying the hockey season enough already, Scott Arniel says they’re going to get boring in order to try and win now.
Nov 8, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets are off to the worst start in the entire NHL. So is Mark Letestu the answer to all their questions?
Nov 8, 2011, 9:12 AM EDT
Hurt by his departure or just moving on? Either way, Columbus president Mike Priest isn’t discussing Ken Hitchcock’s departure to St. Louis.
Nov 7, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
Jeff Carter is skating, Jared Boll is cleared for contact.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Now that Columbus won’t be able to hire Ken Hitchcock if they let go of Scott Arniel, who’s on their coaching short list? Don’t worry, we came up with our own.
Nov 6, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Even after last night’s disaster in Philly.
Nov 5, 2011, 9:43 PM EDT
A crushing 8-1 loss indicates that the firings of Scott Howson and Scott Arniel are just a matter of time, but the bigger question might be: how should the franchise move on if that happens?
Nov 4, 2011, 10:32 AM EDT
This madness has gone on long enough in Columbus, it’s time for Columbus to figure out what to do about Steve Mason.
Oct 31, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets say that playing angry is better for them to win. Time to find new and inventive ways to upset the guys in Columbus.
Oct 30, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
Sources are telling the Columbus Post-Dispatch that Scott Howson and Scott Arniel could be without jobs by tomorrow.
Oct 30, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
It should have been good enough for Pekka Rinne to earn his 100th win in his career in a Predators jersey. But he went further and set the franchise’s record for most shutouts on the same night. We take a look at Rinne’s night and much more in our Morning Skate full of links.
Oct 22, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
But who should get the most blame for their 0-6-1 start?
Oct 16, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Jeff Carter has been one of Columbus’ productive forwards early this year, so it’s fitting that he’s also hurt.
Oct 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
With zero wins and just one point in their first four games – three of which were at home – it might be safe to say that the Blue Jackets had the worst first week in the NHL.
Oct 9, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
Pierre-Marc Bouchard might be in line for league discipline after high-sticking Matt Calvert.
Oct 7, 2011, 11:31 PM EDT
Jeff Carter got off to a great start in his first regular season game with the Columbus Blue Jackets. His team, however, wasn’t quite as good.
Oct 3, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Newcomers Jeff Carter and James Wisniewski had Blue Jackets fans hoping for a playoff spot this season. But without a better effort from Steve Mason in net, none of the offseason moves will make a difference.
Oct 2, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Sure the Ottawa Senators are starting the year with a youth movement, but they’re not the only ones as Columbus is doing the same.
Sep 15, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Ryan Johansen has been making an impression with Columbus management and may earn a spot with the big club this season. Since the team picked up Jeff Carter during the offseason, he won’t be saddled with the pressure of a top-6 role.
Jeff Carter knows he’ll need to pass more on a line with Rick Nash, doesn’t expect big style changes
Jul 22, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Some worry that Jeff Carter won’t be able to find a rhythm with Rick Nash because they’re both perceived as more prolific scorers than passers. While shooting will remain Carter’s strength, he said he expects to set up Nash as well.
Jul 1, 2011, 11:39 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets continue to make the big splash this offseason and ponied up big time for defenseman James Wisniewski.
Jun 29, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Columbus is putting themselves into position to sign impending free agent James Wisniewski after trading with Montreal for his rights.
Jun 27, 2011, 3:57 PM EDT
Columbus’ recently acquired star center Jeff Carter finally came out of hiding and spoke out about being dealt and his future in Ohio.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)