Save of the Night
Jan 3, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
If you want to know who was mostly responsible for the Ducks beating Chicago last night, Jonas Hiller’s save of the night should be all the info you need.
Dec 31, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
We once again decided to award the save of the night to a defenseman, as Duncan Keith bailed Marty Turco out after the puck moving goalie made a turnover.
Dec 30, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
Last night was just Rick DiPietro’s night and the Penguins were just living in it. Kris Letang got a first-hand taste of it on a penalty shot in the third period.
Dec 29, 2010, 12:00 PM EST
Stephane Robidas isn’t a goalie, but he sure looked like one when he bailed out his netminder Andrew Raycroft it what became the December 28th save of the night.
Dec 28, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
We were tempted to give him an honorary save of the night award for his 400th win anyway, but Chris Osgood earned the December 27th one on merit.
Dec 27, 2010, 10:15 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury managed to stop Nick Foligno twice on breakaway attempts, once via review and the other on a penalty shot.
Dec 24, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Some might wonder if it even was a stop, but officials said it was, so take a look at Marc-Andre Fleury’s game-saving … save from last night.
Dec 23, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Dan Ellis didn’t win against the NY Islanders last night, but he made two great saves. Check them out in this post.
Dec 22, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Ryan Miller showed that he plays no favorites when it comes to making saves as he stole one away from fellow American Bobby Ryan.
Dec 21, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
We’re stretching the limits of what can be considered a save, but you probably won’t complain (much) once you see Marek Zidlicky’s clever work.
Dec 20, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
Chris Osgood didn’t get his 400th win last night, but he made Sunday’s best save. Click “Read More” to check it out.
Dec 19, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas came up big time and time again last night, including during December 18’s save of the night.
Dec 18, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
It’s a shame the Devils can’t win the games where Brodeur makes ridiculous saves like this one on Colin Wilson of Nashville.
Dec 16, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Remember the kind of stuff we’re accustomed to seeing from Martin Brodeur? Well, you’re about to see more of it.
Dec 15, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury’s been on fire lately, so perhaps it shouldn’t be surprising that he earned another Save of the Night award (even in a loss).
Dec 14, 2010, 10:45 AM EST
Jon Quick’s 51-save night wouldn’t be complete without earning our save of the night award. Thankfully he obliged us with one pretty sweet save on Darren Helm.
Dec 13, 2010, 10:00 AM EST
New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist tormented Mathieu Perreault and the Washington Capitals last night, earning Sunday’s best save.
Dec 12, 2010, 11:15 AM EST
How good has Pens goalie Marc-Andre Fleury been? He’s even making saves with his toe now.
Dec 11, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Who would have thought that Andrew Raycroft wouldn’t just receive an NHL paycheck this season … but earn every cent and then some? Here’s his second save of the night of the week.
Dec 10, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
I’d like to say it’s getting old to have Miikka Kiprusoff get the save of the night all the time, but he makes it way too easy to pick him.
Dec 9, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Andrew Raycroft’s stop on Patrick Sharp earned him the best save of December 8th.
Dec 8, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
With the game on the line in the shootout, Nikolai Khabibulin keeps things alive for a little while longer with a ridiculous save on Corey Perry.
Dec 7, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Jonas Gustavsson made the save of the night while helping the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Washington Capitals during the two team’s shootout.
Dec 6, 2010, 9:15 AM EST
It may have come in yet another Flames loss, but Miikka Kiprusoff got our save of the night thanks to great pad save on a Patrick Sharp breakaway.
Dec 5, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas made what some people are calling the save of the year with this sprawling glove stop last night.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)