Save of the Night
Feb 4, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
The Maple Leafs scored moments later anyway, but Cam Ward’s diving stop was amazing enough to earn him the February 3rd Save of the Night.
Feb 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Rick DiPietro had a bad Wednesday night, but at least he redeemed himself slightly by making a great stop. It turned out to be the February 3rd Save of the Night.
Feb 2, 2011, 9:27 AM EST
Phil Kessel had a hard enough time at the All-Star Game scoring. Scott Clemmensen made sure to keep the frustration moving along with his tremendous save in overtime.
Jan 26, 2011, 10:32 AM EST
It looked like he was down and out, yet Niklas Backstrom made a surprising stop for January 25th’s Save of the Night.
Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
You guessed it, Tim Thomas of the Bruins gets our save of the night honors yet again.
Jan 24, 2011, 10:50 AM EST
Pekka Rinne dropped his stick in the perfect spot to make the Save of the Night for January 23rd.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Sure, Alex Ovechkin gets the headlines for his hat trick but Braden Holtby was the real killer of the Leafs last night and this save on Tyler Bozak is a prime example.
Jan 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Dan Ellis earned the Save of the Night for January 21st.
Jan 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Ryan Miller’s brilliance shone through again last night in robbing Boston’s Mark Recchi of a goal.
Jan 19, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
Shootouts aren’t always about the creative ways goals get scored. Columbus’ Mathieu Garon goes to show goalies can have some swagger too.
Jan 18, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Kari Lehtonen’s stop on a Jack Johnson penalty shot earned him the January 18th Save of the Night.
Jan 17, 2011, 10:45 AM EST
If you think Nikolai Khabibulin’s save on Saku Koivu is nice, defenseman Jeff Petry might’ve one-upped him.
Jan 16, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
John Tavares had the last laugh on Saturday, but Ryan Miller made an outstanding stop on a 2-0 that ended up being the January 15′s save of the night.
Jan 15, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
Roberto Luongo kept the Capitals bad offensive luck rolling making a great stop on a breakaway opportunity by Nicklas Backstrom.
Jan 14, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
While winning 7-5 isn’t how Tim Thomas prefers to get things done, he made some key saves last night. The best-looking one took place when Thomas thwarted Claude Giroux on a breakaway. Check out the video of that save in this post.
Jan 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury was a key component to helping the Penguins snapping their losing streak. His save on Scott Gomez was a prime example of why the Pens need him.
Jan 12, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Henrik Karlsson won’t win points for technique with his stop on Jussi Jokinen, but the exciting overtime save was Tuesday night’s best.
Jan 11, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
The fans in St. Louis could break out their Halak signs for this crowd pleasing save in the splits from Jaroslav Halak on Coyotes captain Shane Doan.
Jan 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip…
Jan 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Jimmy Howard showed last night that he can give Daniel Sedin a reason to shake his head in amazement.
Jan 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Brian Elliott shut down a great odd man rush by the Blackhawks by making the save of the night for December 7th.
Jan 7, 2011, 10:25 AM EST
Haven’t heard or seen much about Tuukka Rask lately? Don’t worry, his save on Martin Havlat will leave you talking for the rest of the day.
Jan 6, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
Cam Ward robbed Marc Staal last night for the January 5th save of the night.
Jan 5, 2011, 10:05 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have a lot to thank Tyler Ennis for in the Avs victory. Sadly, for the Buffalo Sabres, Ennis plays for them.
Jan 4, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
Chris Higgins had a breakaway chance, but Cam Ward denied him with a nice glove save to earn January 3rd’s save of the night.
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 7
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 83
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 74
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 65
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 46
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 77
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 170
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (84)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (75)