Save of the Night
Mar 6, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Jimmy Howard didn’t hold on to beat the Coyotes last night, so he’ll have to settle for the March 5th Save of the Night.
Mar 3, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Sure Jimmy Howard and the Wings didn’t win last night’s game with Anaheim, but Howard won our honor of save of the night for his tremendous stop on Teemu Selanne.
Mar 2, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Ryan Miller robbed Mats Zuccarello point blank for the March 2nd Save of the Night, although Jochen Hecht deserves credit for helping the Sabres keep their lead.
Mar 1, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Rob Base sang “It takes two to make a thing go right.” It’s almost as if he had Duncan Keith and Corey Crawford in mind for our save of the night.
Feb 28, 2011, 2:50 AM EST
Dwayne Roloson helped the Lightning avoid overtime against the Rangers by making the February 27th Save of the Night.
Feb 27, 2011, 11:11 AM EST
While the Hurricanes may have lost, Cam Ward stole the show with his kick save on Montreal’s Tom Pyatt.
Feb 26, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano and goalie Miikka Kiprusoff saved the day for Calgary in the February 25th Save of the Night.
Feb 25, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Another night, another amazing save from Minnesota’s Niklas Backstrom. This time Justin Williams of the Kings gets denied in heroic fashion by the Finnish wonder.
Feb 23, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Antti Niemi kept the Red Wings and Johan Franzen from tying the game in the waning seconds with an instinctive pad save.
Feb 22, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Michal Neuvirth made two saves that combined to earn him the February 21st Save of the Night.
Feb 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Danny Cleary might lose a little sleep if he seems the replay of Niklas Backstrom’s Save of the Night for February 20th.
Feb 19, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Cam Ward’s desperate glove stop earned him the February 18th Save of the Night.
Feb 17, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Miikka Kiprusoff earned the Save of the Night for February 16th. Check out video of the stop in this post.
Feb 16, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Red-hot Sharks goalie Antti Niemi is looking like a Stanley Cup winning goalie again, as you can see from the February 15th Save of the Night.
Feb 15, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Michal Neuvirth goes well out of his way to stop Radim Vrbata from scoring by kicking his shot away with the toe.
Feb 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Much like his Blue Jackets teammate Rick Nash with the Goal of the Night, Steve Mason won February 13th’s Save of the Night.
Feb 13, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
How cool do you need to be when playing goal in the NHL. Let Phoenix’s Ilya Bryzgalov show you the way in overtime.
Feb 12, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Kari Lehtonen’s insane glove save ended up being February 11th’s best stop. Check it out in this post.
Feb 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
New York Islanders’ Mikko Koskinen doesn’t have a household name amongst goalies but his highlight-reel save on Montreal’s James Wisniewski will at least make him the flavor of the week.
Feb 10, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Robin Lehner and the Senators had another tough night, but that doesn’t change the fact that he made a brilliant save. The stop ended up being Wednesday’s best.
Feb 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
James Reimer is doing an awfully dangerous thing in Toronto. He’s inspiring hope and playing great in goal. His save on Frans Nielsen makes him worthy of his Autobot-like nickname of “Optimus Reim.”
Feb 8, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Ondrej Pavelec made the February 7 Save of the Night.
Feb 7, 2011, 10:42 AM EST
How hard is life as a goalie? Just ask Ty Conklin about what it takes to try and keep your team in the game in overtime.
Feb 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Niklas Backstrom showed off his outstanding reflexes with a pad stop that proved to be Save of the Night-worthy.
Feb 5, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
It was a surprise start for St. Louis’ Ty Conklin, but he showed no signs of rust in stopping Magnus Paajarvi of Edmonton.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)