Save of the Night
Apr 11, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
He might not be their playoff hero this year, but Tuukka Rask showed David Clarkson why he’s still got a wild following in Boston with his sick pad save.
Apr 10, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
While the Goal of the Night was debatable, there’s little doubt in our minds that anyone could beat Ilya Bryzgalov for the Save of the Night.
Apr 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The Rangers fight for a playoff spot was seriously hampered by Ondrej Pavelec’s shutout against them last night. His save on Artem Anisimov sticks out as a shining example of their frustrations.
Apr 7, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas provides some great stops, earning April 6th’s Saves of the Night.
Apr 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Calgary’s Miikka Kiprusoff showed the Avalanche why when he’s on his game, he’s one of the best goalies in the league.
Apr 3, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Jimmy Howard made a beauty of a stop to earn the April 2nd Save of the Night.
Apr 1, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Chris Mason stopped all 43 shots he saw last night, with none of them being better than when he robbed Daniel Briere for the Save of the Night.
Mar 30, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
It might not have been Ryan Miller’s best game, but his save on Joffrey Lupul in the third period was unreal.
Mar 29, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Joey MacDonald stopped Michael Frolik on a point blank shot to earn the March 28th Save of the Night.
Mar 28, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Marc-Andre Fleury showed the Florida Panthers and Michal Repik why he’s been the reason the Penguins continue to keep winning.
Mar 27, 2011, 10:12 AM EST
Edmonton doesn’t have much to be proud of this year, but Devan Dubnyk’s save on Olli Jokinen is a season highlight worthy-play.
Mar 26, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Craig Anderson is showing some of the skills that helped make him a Vezina Trophy finalist last year. Brooks Laich got a taste of it last night.
Mar 24, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
The Flames had a rough night, Miikka Kiprusoff included. But if nothing else, he made the March 23rd Save of the Night.
Mar 22, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Brent Johnson defused a dangerous 2-on-1 to help the Penguins beat Detroit and win the Save of the Night for March 21st.
Mar 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Anders Lindback made Buffalo fans think of a Sabres legend with his save on Thomas Vanek.
Mar 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
James Reimer stopped a Tyler Seguin breakaway to win the March 19th Save of the Night.
Mar 18, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Dwayne Roloson’s great hand-eye coordination is on display in the March 17th Save of the Night.
Mar 16, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Henrik Lundqvist showed why he’s often the best player the Rangers have night in and night out with a pair of insane saves.
Mar 15, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Ryan Kesler made a great play, but Niklas Backstrom earned the March 15th Save of the Night.
Mar 14, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Ray Emery made his first appearance on the ice since last February and thanks to Lubomir Visnovsky, he can say he didn’t allow a goal in his one period of relief work against Phoenix.
Mar 12, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Cam Ward earns our save of the night for his sick stop on Jason Arnott. Sadly for him, his defensemen did nothing to help him out after he made the save.
Mar 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
A game-changing save from Dan Ellis wasn’t just special because it turned into a Bobby Ryan goal, but because Ellis somehow found a way to stop Brandon Dubinsky cold.
Mar 9, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
It wasn’t great night for Tuukka Rask and the Bruins, but he made one outstanding stick save that earned him the March 8th Save of the Night.
Mar 8, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Kari Lehtonen showed impressive skill – and more than a little bit of luck – as he earned the March 7th Save of the Night.
Mar 7, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Jhonas Enroth took advantage of one of the rare games not started by Ryan Miller. Enroth’s stop on Andrew Brunette was worthy of seeing a few times over.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)