Feb 6, 2012, 10:38 PM EDT
Sam Katz says the NHL’s return is already paying dividends.
May 26, 2011, 12:56 AM EDT
Manitoba Premier Greg Selinger and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman are preaching patience to excited Winnipeg fans who anxiously await an official announcement regarding the Thrashers’ relocation.
May 20, 2011, 3:22 PM EDT
Winnipeg Mayor Sam Katz said it’s “just a matter of time” before the Atlanta Thrashers will relocate to Winnipeg.
Apr 28, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
The City of Glendale reportedly owes the NHL $25 million, although documents released on the matter indicate that the Phoenix Coyotes’ losses were actually closer to a staggering $36.6 million.
Apr 27, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
The Coyotes’ ownership situation is still in the air, but at least one person thinks the team will stay in Arizona: Winnipeg mayor Sam Katz. Katz believes the hockey-hungry city should target a different NHL team … could that team be the Thrashers?
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)