Aug 21, 2013, 11:47 AM EST
Teams better be prepared to spend big in the future.
Jan 5, 2013, 3:41 PM EST
They’ve made a move toward the players.
Nov 4, 2011, 3:38 PM EST
The Rangers are planning to put their assistant captain on Long Term Injury Reserve, the New York Post reports.
Sep 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
PHT takes a look at some of the biggest areas of debate for the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, finishing with Tony Gallagher’s optimistic tidbit that might provide hope that there won’t be a lockout.
Jun 23, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
General managers learned today that they’ll have $64.3 million to play when when they’re putting their teams together this season. They also learned that the salary cap floor was raised to $48.3. Now how will they spend the extra money?
Apr 10, 2011, 11:36 AM EST
The NHLPA would reportedly need to approve the 4.7 percent increase, but if they do, the 2011-12 salary cap could jump from $59.4 million to $62.2 million according to a report.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 24
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 23
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)