salary cap issues
Dec 6, 2011, 11:39 AM EST
Scott Gomez will not be dumped in the AHL to save on his enormous contract.
Oct 22, 2011, 4:27 PM EST
Scott Gomez is expected to miss at least a week with what might be a shoulder injury. Meanwhile, Clarke MacArthur will return for the Maple Leafs.
Oct 9, 2011, 10:05 PM EST
Blair Betts being returned to Philadelphia has more than a few side effects for the Flyers they’ll have to square away.
Oct 4, 2011, 11:14 PM EST
The Rangers choice to waive Sean Avery could very well help screw up the Dallas Stars’ salary cap situation. How? The Stars might be off the hook in a special way if Avery is demoted.
Sep 9, 2011, 5:52 PM EST
Shaone Morrisonn is going to have to prove he belongs in the Sabres lineup this year for more than a few reasons.
Aug 27, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Ales Kotalik is glad to be back in Buffalo … if he can stay there, that is.
Jul 30, 2011, 10:58 AM EST
For the second straight year, the Bruins have a reduced salary cap thanks to bonus overages. At least this time they can drown their sorrows in the Stanley Cup.
Jul 19, 2011, 6:00 PM EST
Andrej Sekera is avoiding arbitration in Buffalo and getting a nice four-year, $11 million deal to do so. Now the Sabres have some salary cap questions to answer.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:31 PM EST
If reports are to be believed, Brian Campbell is headed to Florida to help buoy their defense and give their payroll a juicy boost.
Feb 27, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
Chicago makes a big commitment to defenseman Brent Seabrook for five more years, but are the Blackhawks looking at big salary problems again in the near future?
Dec 22, 2010, 9:00 PM EST
The Canucks won’t have to make any tough decisions until around February as the team moved Sami Salo’s return date back about a month or so.
Dec 15, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Brian Rolston cleared waivers to the surprise of just about no one today, so he’ll suit up for the New Jersey Devils. We discuss “what’s next?” after the jump.
Dec 13, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
The Flyers are in the unenviable position of literally not being able to afford injuries to anyone on their current roster.
Dec 11, 2010, 7:27 PM EST
The long awaited deal sending Marco Sturm to Los Angeles has finally happened.
NHL approves Flyers’ request to extend Michael Leighton’s rehab stint; team plans on going with three goalies soon
Dec 6, 2010, 7:52 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers will be able to avoid having three goalies at the NHL level for one more week, as the NHL approved the team’s request to extend Michael Leighton’s rehab stint. The fact of the matter is that the team is expected to roll with Leighton, Brian Boucher and Sergei Bobrovsky in net going forward, though.
Nov 29, 2010, 7:35 PM EST
With the Bruins needing to make salary cap space for the comebacks of Marc Savard and Marco Sturm, the first domino to fall came tonight with Matt Hunwick on his way to Colorado.
Nov 23, 2010, 4:33 PM EST
Good news for the Bruins today as Marc Savard has been cleared for contact.
Oct 29, 2010, 2:21 PM EST
Injured Bruins star Marc Savard is showing improvement during skating drills in Boston. Things are looking up for the already hot Bruins.
Oct 26, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
The Bruins’ season is off to a great start and the upside for them now is that they’ll be getting key reinforcements back. They’re 4-2-0 to start the season and things are clicking pretty well without offensive studs Marc Savard and Marco Sturm. The good news for them today is that both Savard and Sturm…
Oct 11, 2010, 4:08 PM EST
You had to know that when it was known that the Devils wouldn’t be able to afford any injuries early in the season thanks to their salary cap constraints that the hockey gods would find a way to make things interesting. It turns out that day is today as the Devils will be skating just…
Oct 11, 2010, 3:17 PM EST
The Rangers have gotten off to a good start just a game into their season, but they could be getting their captain Chris Drury back by the end of the week. Larry Brooks of the New York Post got word from Rangers coach John Tortorella that Drury could very well rejoin the team by Friday.…
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 24
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)