salary cap floor
Mar 14, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
That would help the “business as usual” approach …
Oct 11, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
Sean Avery reported to Connecticut to accept his demotion. The Rangers are pleased since they get cap relief, but losing that $1.9 million could eventually send the Stars below the cap floor.
Sep 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT takes a look at some of the biggest areas of debate for the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, finishing with Tony Gallagher’s optimistic tidbit that might provide hope that there won’t be a lockout.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 AM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche add another marginal defenseman into the fold by signing Shane O’Brien to a one-year deal. But where will he fit in?
Jul 1, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
The Panthers’ desperation to reach the $48 million salary cap floor continues to be evident after they gave Scottie Upshall a silly four-year, $14 million deal.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:31 PM EDT
If reports are to be believed, Brian Campbell is headed to Florida to help buoy their defense and give their payroll a juicy boost.
Jun 23, 2011, 7:24 PM EDT
General managers learned today that they’ll have $64.3 million to play when when they’re putting their teams together this season. They also learned that the salary cap floor was raised to $48.3. Now how will they spend the extra money?
Jun 20, 2011, 11:06 AM EDT
TSN reports that the 2011-12 salary cap ceiling will be $64 million while the floor should be $48 million. This post expands on that by revealing the five teams who are closest to the ceiling as of this time and the five teams who need to spend the most money to reach the floor.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)