salary cap floor
Mar 14, 2012, 4:23 PM EST
That would help the “business as usual” approach …
Oct 11, 2011, 5:26 PM EST
Sean Avery reported to Connecticut to accept his demotion. The Rangers are pleased since they get cap relief, but losing that $1.9 million could eventually send the Stars below the cap floor.
Sep 4, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
PHT takes a look at some of the biggest areas of debate for the next Collective Bargaining Agreement, finishing with Tony Gallagher’s optimistic tidbit that might provide hope that there won’t be a lockout.
Jul 14, 2011, 12:43 AM EST
The Colorado Avalanche add another marginal defenseman into the fold by signing Shane O’Brien to a one-year deal. But where will he fit in?
Jul 1, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
The Panthers’ desperation to reach the $48 million salary cap floor continues to be evident after they gave Scottie Upshall a silly four-year, $14 million deal.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:31 PM EST
If reports are to be believed, Brian Campbell is headed to Florida to help buoy their defense and give their payroll a juicy boost.
Jun 23, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
General managers learned today that they’ll have $64.3 million to play when when they’re putting their teams together this season. They also learned that the salary cap floor was raised to $48.3. Now how will they spend the extra money?
Jun 20, 2011, 11:06 AM EST
TSN reports that the 2011-12 salary cap ceiling will be $64 million while the floor should be $48 million. This post expands on that by revealing the five teams who are closest to the ceiling as of this time and the five teams who need to spend the most money to reach the floor.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5