salary cap discussion
Nov 24, 2011, 12:17 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby selling his house almost became a salary cap issue for the Penguins. Seriously.
Oct 4, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
Matt Duchene has produced remarkably similar stats to John Tavares, who went two picks higher in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. Perhaps that’s why he’s asking for a remarkably similar second contract.
Sep 27, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
The Sabres got under the salary cap in the modern old fashioned way: By sending two fat contracts to the AHL.
Aug 20, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Sabres GM Darcy Regier says the team is looking to get under the salary cap by making a trade. But who is on the trade block?
Jul 23, 2011, 7:16 PM EDT
Last summer, the Chicago Blackhawks had an abject salary cap nightmare on their hands. This summer has been a lot more pleasant for GM Stan Bowman comparatively.
Feb 26, 2011, 3:54 AM EDT
Who knows how they’ll deal with the salary cap repercussions this summer, but the Blackhawks are reportedly close to signing skilled and rugged defenseman Brent Seabrook to a five-year deal worth close to $30 million.
Dec 14, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
The Devils put Brian Rolston on waivers. It’s not the salary cap ducking move you think it might be.
Dec 4, 2010, 4:33 PM EDT
No, that headline isn’t a joke. The NHL salary cap could be on the rise again in a big way.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)