salary cap circumvention
May 1, 2012, 9:25 PM EST
Two-time Art Ross Trophy winner carries $8.7 million annual cap hit.
Nov 16, 2011, 11:25 PM EST
Should the Habs make Gomez the highest-paid minor league hockey player ever and enjoy the cap space that comes with it?
Dec 30, 2010, 3:38 PM EST
The Devils didn’t get the partial salary cap relief they were hoping because every other team in the NHL allowed Brian Rolston to clear re-entry waivers.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
The Devils are preparing to place Brian Rolston on re-entry waivers, in hopes that another team will relieve them of half of his salary and cap hit.
Nov 27, 2010, 6:15 PM EST
With Marc Savard (and Marco Sturm) nearing a return, the longtime questions are coming to the forefront for the Boston Bruins. Most importantly: who needs to go?
Oct 12, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
Maybe it was salary cap circumventing deals such as Marian Hossa’s with the Chicago Blackhawks. Perhaps instead it was the fact the New Jersey Devils keep winning the Atlantic Division only to get kicked out of the first or second round of the playoffs. Or it could just be that GM Lou Lamoriello saw the…
Oct 12, 2010, 1:29 PM EST
In most situations when a team wildly overpays a hockey player, the reaction is usually “They gave him that much?” Yet when it came to the Toronto Maple Leafs handing a four-year, $14 million deal to Jeff Finger, the most common reaction was: “Who?” It was a deal that was indicative of how direction-less the…
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)