salary cap circumvention
May 1, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Two-time Art Ross Trophy winner carries $8.7 million annual cap hit.
Nov 16, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
Should the Habs make Gomez the highest-paid minor league hockey player ever and enjoy the cap space that comes with it?
Dec 30, 2010, 3:38 PM EDT
The Devils didn’t get the partial salary cap relief they were hoping because every other team in the NHL allowed Brian Rolston to clear re-entry waivers.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Devils are preparing to place Brian Rolston on re-entry waivers, in hopes that another team will relieve them of half of his salary and cap hit.
Nov 27, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
With Marc Savard (and Marco Sturm) nearing a return, the longtime questions are coming to the forefront for the Boston Bruins. Most importantly: who needs to go?
Oct 12, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Maybe it was salary cap circumventing deals such as Marian Hossa’s with the Chicago Blackhawks. Perhaps instead it was the fact the New Jersey Devils keep winning the Atlantic Division only to get kicked out of the first or second round of the playoffs. Or it could just be that GM Lou Lamoriello saw the…
Oct 12, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
In most situations when a team wildly overpays a hockey player, the reaction is usually “They gave him that much?” Yet when it came to the Toronto Maple Leafs handing a four-year, $14 million deal to Jeff Finger, the most common reaction was: “Who?” It was a deal that was indicative of how direction-less the…
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 26
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 57
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (57)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)