salary cap circumvention
May 1, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Two-time Art Ross Trophy winner carries $8.7 million annual cap hit.
Nov 16, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
Should the Habs make Gomez the highest-paid minor league hockey player ever and enjoy the cap space that comes with it?
Dec 30, 2010, 3:38 PM EDT
The Devils didn’t get the partial salary cap relief they were hoping because every other team in the NHL allowed Brian Rolston to clear re-entry waivers.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Devils are preparing to place Brian Rolston on re-entry waivers, in hopes that another team will relieve them of half of his salary and cap hit.
Nov 27, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
With Marc Savard (and Marco Sturm) nearing a return, the longtime questions are coming to the forefront for the Boston Bruins. Most importantly: who needs to go?
Oct 12, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Maybe it was salary cap circumventing deals such as Marian Hossa’s with the Chicago Blackhawks. Perhaps instead it was the fact the New Jersey Devils keep winning the Atlantic Division only to get kicked out of the first or second round of the playoffs. Or it could just be that GM Lou Lamoriello saw the…
Oct 12, 2010, 1:29 PM EDT
In most situations when a team wildly overpays a hockey player, the reaction is usually “They gave him that much?” Yet when it came to the Toronto Maple Leafs handing a four-year, $14 million deal to Jeff Finger, the most common reaction was: “Who?” It was a deal that was indicative of how direction-less the…
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 8
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6