salary cap analysis
Feb 29, 2012, 8:31 PM EDT
Their new owner has money, but the current roster is a model of efficiency.
Jan 12, 2012, 10:49 PM EDT
Who do you think “won” the deal?
Aug 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
Zack Kassian hopes to bring his grit and size to a finesse-centric group of Sabres forwards, but he’ll have to find the right balance between being physical and going over the line with his bone-crushing hits.
Aug 27, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Ales Kotalik is glad to be back in Buffalo … if he can stay there, that is.
Jul 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Against high odds, the Devils got rid of Brian Rolston’s contract. New Jersey sent the aging forward to the Islanders for Trent Hunter, opening up cap space to make it easier to re-sign Zach Parise.
Jul 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Seven of the NHL’s top teams have the kind of cap space to get even better through trades, waiver wire pickups and other moves in the 2011-12 season. Find out which ones are flush and what that could mean by reading this post.
Jun 24, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
A deal that almost went down at the trade deadline happened today: the Maple Leafs traded their second round pick in 2012 to Colorado for offensive defenseman John-Michael Liles.
May 30, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
It’s been a long time since the Canucks (’94) and Bruins (’90) last made it to the Stanley Cup finals, so the question is: are they built to avoid a similar drought after this run?
May 16, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
We now know the terms of the new Curtis Glencross deal. The Flames signed the forward to a four-year, $10.2 million contract. Read this post for a salary cap outlook.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)