salary cap analysis
Feb 29, 2012, 8:31 PM EDT
Their new owner has money, but the current roster is a model of efficiency.
Jan 12, 2012, 10:49 PM EDT
Who do you think “won” the deal?
Aug 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
Zack Kassian hopes to bring his grit and size to a finesse-centric group of Sabres forwards, but he’ll have to find the right balance between being physical and going over the line with his bone-crushing hits.
Aug 27, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Ales Kotalik is glad to be back in Buffalo … if he can stay there, that is.
Jul 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Against high odds, the Devils got rid of Brian Rolston’s contract. New Jersey sent the aging forward to the Islanders for Trent Hunter, opening up cap space to make it easier to re-sign Zach Parise.
Jul 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Seven of the NHL’s top teams have the kind of cap space to get even better through trades, waiver wire pickups and other moves in the 2011-12 season. Find out which ones are flush and what that could mean by reading this post.
Jun 24, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
A deal that almost went down at the trade deadline happened today: the Maple Leafs traded their second round pick in 2012 to Colorado for offensive defenseman John-Michael Liles.
May 30, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
It’s been a long time since the Canucks (’94) and Bruins (’90) last made it to the Stanley Cup finals, so the question is: are they built to avoid a similar drought after this run?
May 16, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
We now know the terms of the new Curtis Glencross deal. The Flames signed the forward to a four-year, $10.2 million contract. Read this post for a salary cap outlook.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 6
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1