salary cap analysis
Feb 29, 2012, 8:31 PM EST
Their new owner has money, but the current roster is a model of efficiency.
Jan 12, 2012, 10:49 PM EST
Who do you think “won” the deal?
Aug 31, 2011, 11:18 AM EST
Zack Kassian hopes to bring his grit and size to a finesse-centric group of Sabres forwards, but he’ll have to find the right balance between being physical and going over the line with his bone-crushing hits.
Aug 27, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Ales Kotalik is glad to be back in Buffalo … if he can stay there, that is.
Jul 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Against high odds, the Devils got rid of Brian Rolston’s contract. New Jersey sent the aging forward to the Islanders for Trent Hunter, opening up cap space to make it easier to re-sign Zach Parise.
Jul 22, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Seven of the NHL’s top teams have the kind of cap space to get even better through trades, waiver wire pickups and other moves in the 2011-12 season. Find out which ones are flush and what that could mean by reading this post.
Jun 24, 2011, 5:02 PM EST
A deal that almost went down at the trade deadline happened today: the Maple Leafs traded their second round pick in 2012 to Colorado for offensive defenseman John-Michael Liles.
May 30, 2011, 7:17 PM EST
It’s been a long time since the Canucks (’94) and Bruins (’90) last made it to the Stanley Cup finals, so the question is: are they built to avoid a similar drought after this run?
May 16, 2011, 1:34 PM EST
We now know the terms of the new Curtis Glencross deal. The Flames signed the forward to a four-year, $10.2 million contract. Read this post for a salary cap outlook.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 36
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 22
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)