Aug 14, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
The arbitrator who gave Shea Weber a one-year, $7.5 million award based the decision on two Blackhawks defensemen: Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook. Read more about the interesting details – including two players whose comparable stats were rejected – in this post.
Jul 31, 2011, 5:54 PM EST
With the 48-hour salary arbitration window now open, both the Predators and Shea Weber’s representatives were forced to share their briefings today. What kind of money might Weber be looking for and what might the Predators offer? We look at those possibilities and plenty of other factors surrounding the complicated negotiations.
Jul 28, 2011, 2:25 PM EST
Could Jannik Hansen be the first player to go to salary arbitration this summer?
Jul 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The New York Rangers only have one restricted free agent left who is facing arbitration; unfortunately for the Blueshirts, Ryan Callahan is the most important of the bunch. Will the two sides avoid arbitration, and if they do, how much will Glen Sather agree to pay Callahan next season?
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Both sides have been saying all the right things, until now: Shea Weber’s agent claims the sides have hit “a bit of a stalemate” in their contract discussions. This post covers the Predators’ big three headaches and why Weber’s deal is so complicated.
Jul 19, 2011, 9:55 PM EST
With salary arbitration hearings scheduled to begin on Wednesday, July 20, you might want a primer. This post provides the schedule for the 11 players left along with information about what can and cannot be discussed in the hearings.
Jul 15, 2011, 10:49 PM EST
While he’s not sure if the Lightning can re-sign him before salary arbitration, Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman believes that Teddy Purcell will play for the Bolts in 2011-12.
Jul 10, 2011, 6:04 PM EST
While the field of unrestricted free agents is marginal, there are still plenty of big restricted free agents left, including Steven Stamkos, Shea Weber, Drew Doughty and Zach Parise.
Jul 9, 2011, 7:05 PM EST
Expecting some big details on Lightning free agent forwards Steven Stamkos and Teddy Purcell? Don’t expect many during this weekend.
Jul 8, 2011, 1:23 PM EST
The Rangers still have some free agent messes to clean up, but they simplified their summer by re-signing Michael Sauer and Artem Anisimov to two-year contract extensions.
Jul 5, 2011, 9:06 PM EST
Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Callahan and Teddy Purcell were among the biggest names who filed for salary arbitration today. PHT breaks down some of the most interesting cases in the list of 22 players.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)