Aug 14, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
The arbitrator who gave Shea Weber a one-year, $7.5 million award based the decision on two Blackhawks defensemen: Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook. Read more about the interesting details – including two players whose comparable stats were rejected – in this post.
Jul 31, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
With the 48-hour salary arbitration window now open, both the Predators and Shea Weber’s representatives were forced to share their briefings today. What kind of money might Weber be looking for and what might the Predators offer? We look at those possibilities and plenty of other factors surrounding the complicated negotiations.
Jul 28, 2011, 2:25 PM EDT
Could Jannik Hansen be the first player to go to salary arbitration this summer?
Jul 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The New York Rangers only have one restricted free agent left who is facing arbitration; unfortunately for the Blueshirts, Ryan Callahan is the most important of the bunch. Will the two sides avoid arbitration, and if they do, how much will Glen Sather agree to pay Callahan next season?
Jul 20, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
With a Thursday salary arbitration deadline looming, the Rangers and Brandon Dubinsky can’t seem to come to terms on a contract extension. This post details why his value is tough to gauge, his age makes things complicated and Ryan Callahan’s deal also hangs in the balance.
Jul 20, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Both sides have been saying all the right things, until now: Shea Weber’s agent claims the sides have hit “a bit of a stalemate” in their contract discussions. This post covers the Predators’ big three headaches and why Weber’s deal is so complicated.
Jul 19, 2011, 9:55 PM EDT
With salary arbitration hearings scheduled to begin on Wednesday, July 20, you might want a primer. This post provides the schedule for the 11 players left along with information about what can and cannot be discussed in the hearings.
Jul 15, 2011, 10:49 PM EDT
While he’s not sure if the Lightning can re-sign him before salary arbitration, Tampa Bay GM Steve Yzerman believes that Teddy Purcell will play for the Bolts in 2011-12.
Jul 10, 2011, 6:04 PM EDT
While the field of unrestricted free agents is marginal, there are still plenty of big restricted free agents left, including Steven Stamkos, Shea Weber, Drew Doughty and Zach Parise.
Jul 9, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
Expecting some big details on Lightning free agent forwards Steven Stamkos and Teddy Purcell? Don’t expect many during this weekend.
Jul 8, 2011, 1:23 PM EDT
The Rangers still have some free agent messes to clean up, but they simplified their summer by re-signing Michael Sauer and Artem Anisimov to two-year contract extensions.
Jul 5, 2011, 9:06 PM EDT
Brandon Dubinsky, Ryan Callahan and Teddy Purcell were among the biggest names who filed for salary arbitration today. PHT breaks down some of the most interesting cases in the list of 22 players.
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 2
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 12
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 19
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 22
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 52
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 21
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (52)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)