Jan 3, 2014, 8:14 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day.
Sep 17, 2011, 10:51 AM EDT
On the same day that the team will travel to mourn fallen former assistant coach Bruce McCrimmon, the Red Wings announced that Pavel Datsyuk will switch to number 24 for training camp and the preseason to honor Ruslan Salei.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
People always wonder about the “what ifs” in life. Detroit goaltender Joey MacDonald revealed that he was close to signing with Yaroslavl this offseason before the Red Wings offered a one-way contract. What if…
Sep 7, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
PHT looks back at the careers and lasting impacts left behind by the victims of the Yaroslavl Lokomotive crash.
Sep 7, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
A horrible tragedy in Russia sees most of KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl die in a plane crash outside the city of Yaroslavl.
May 23, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
There’s going to be a Red Wings defenseman announcing their retirement this offseason but it’s not the one you’re thinking it is.
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
Apr 19, 2011, 2:08 AM EDT
With another quick-strike attack and a frustrating effort, the Red Wings have the Coyotes on the brink of elimination after winning 4-2 to take a 3-0 series lead.
Apr 9, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Last year the Red Wings got healthy at the end of the season to make the playoffs. This season, they’re banged up and stumbling as they wrap up the regular season and head into the postseason. It’s never easy in the NHL, especially the Western Conference.
Mar 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
It might be debatable, and it’s definitely a rare occurrence, but Bobby Ryan’s penalty shot goal in overtime is most definitely worthy of goal of the night.
Nov 9, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT[kml_flashembedmovie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="245" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="hlg=20102011,2,203&event=DET1030&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
All right so there weren’t a lot of choices to be made for goal of the night, so when in doubt go for the overtime game-winning goal when there is one. Henrik Zetterberg’s tip-in of a Ruslan Salei shot past Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov is good enough to be the top goal of the night.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 2
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)