Jan 3, 2014, 8:14 AM EDT
That and the rest of the links to start the day.
Sep 17, 2011, 10:51 AM EDT
On the same day that the team will travel to mourn fallen former assistant coach Bruce McCrimmon, the Red Wings announced that Pavel Datsyuk will switch to number 24 for training camp and the preseason to honor Ruslan Salei.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
People always wonder about the “what ifs” in life. Detroit goaltender Joey MacDonald revealed that he was close to signing with Yaroslavl this offseason before the Red Wings offered a one-way contract. What if…
Sep 7, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
PHT looks back at the careers and lasting impacts left behind by the victims of the Yaroslavl Lokomotive crash.
Sep 7, 2011, 11:25 AM EDT
A horrible tragedy in Russia sees most of KHL team Lokomotiv Yaroslavl die in a plane crash outside the city of Yaroslavl.
May 23, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
There’s going to be a Red Wings defenseman announcing their retirement this offseason but it’s not the one you’re thinking it is.
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
Apr 19, 2011, 2:08 AM EDT
With another quick-strike attack and a frustrating effort, the Red Wings have the Coyotes on the brink of elimination after winning 4-2 to take a 3-0 series lead.
Apr 9, 2011, 6:20 PM EDT
Last year the Red Wings got healthy at the end of the season to make the playoffs. This season, they’re banged up and stumbling as they wrap up the regular season and head into the postseason. It’s never easy in the NHL, especially the Western Conference.
Mar 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
It might be debatable, and it’s definitely a rare occurrence, but Bobby Ryan’s penalty shot goal in overtime is most definitely worthy of goal of the night.
Nov 9, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT[kml_flashembedmovie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="245" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="hlg=20102011,2,203&event=DET1030&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
All right so there weren’t a lot of choices to be made for goal of the night, so when in doubt go for the overtime game-winning goal when there is one. Henrik Zetterberg’s tip-in of a Ruslan Salei shot past Coyotes goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov is good enough to be the top goal of the night.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)