Sep 15, 2013, 4:35 PM EST
New equipment rules could lead to penalties.
Jun 3, 2013, 8:16 PM EST
Rule change discussions on tap for Tuesday.
Mar 18, 2012, 8:25 PM EST
He thinks two-line passes are an important part of the game.
Mar 12, 2012, 7:56 PM EST
Rule change might help stem the decline in goals.
Mar 12, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
Maybe they really are taking safety seriously.
Mar 12, 2012, 10:36 AM EST
Hybrid icing, overtime changes and the return of the red line will be discussed.
Mar 9, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Would it be worth it to (potentially) make the game safer for players?
Sep 20, 2011, 10:02 PM EST
The NHL provided video explanations to the way referees will call penalties for boarding and hits to the head next season. Many believe that players are the ones who will ultimately be responsible for improving safety, though.
Aug 20, 2011, 12:41 PM EST
Ken Gray suggests that the NHL should abolish fighting, head shots and maybe even body contact. Player safety is an important issue, but we must also acknowledge the fact that hockey and violence are inextricably linked.
Aug 20, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Brian Burke offered the Leafs as “guinea pigs” during the preseason to test out some of the potential rule changes from the Research and Development Camp. So what is stopping the NHL from taking him up on the offer?
Aug 18, 2011, 8:27 PM EST
Many people in the hockey world find the goalie trapezoid to be a silly post-lockout rule change, but Brendan Shanahan didn’t notice a big difference when it was removed during the 2011 NHL Research, Development and Orientation Camp.
Aug 18, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
The first change to come out of the 2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp could be to cut down on the depth of the netting and to add a verification line to help replays.
Aug 17, 2011, 11:33 AM EST
Here’s our first update on the 2011 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp. This post includes discussion of curved glass next to player benches, a green goal verification line, a tweak to faceoffs and Wednesday’s schedule of events. Stay tuned for more updates throughout today and tomorrow.
Aug 10, 2011, 2:43 AM EST
The league plans to take a look at a few proposed rule changes to help refine the NHL game as general managers continue their quest to perfect the game. Most of these rule changes will never see NHL ice, but here are five interesting concepts that caught our eye.
Aug 9, 2011, 4:14 PM EST
While there’s a host of different rules and tweaks they’ll be testing out at the NHL Research and Development Camp, there’s one that we’d like to see worked on that isn’t even being talked about.
Jul 16, 2011, 11:23 AM EST
Dan Bylsma and Dave Tippett will be the coaches for the 2012 NHL Research Development and Orientation Camp. Click “Read More” for more details.
Jun 21, 2011, 8:18 PM EST
The NHL’s Board of Governors approved a few changes to Rule 41 (boarding) and Rule 48 (illegal hits to the head). How long before the wording confuses every single player and fan around the league?
May 10, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Eric Lindros is a guy that knows a thing or two about concussions and he says the NHL’s rule changes have made it more dangerous for concussions.
Team executives call for stricter enforcement of charging, boarding infractions on Day 2 of GM Meetings
Mar 15, 2011, 1:57 PM EST
One of the focuses of the second day of GM meetings involved imposing stricter enforcement of boarding and charging infractions.
Mar 12, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
Concussions, hits to the head and other violent matters will once again dominate discussion of the spring GM meetings. In fact, Sabres GM Darcy Regier thinks that the league will eventually make all head hits illegal. Click “Read More” for the details.
Jan 25, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
Darren Eliot of Sports Illustrated thinks that the neutral zone trap is starting to creep its way back into the league. Click “Read More” to find out the details.
Nov 8, 2010, 12:12 AM EST
One retired veteran official thinks that hits to the head have as much to do with player attitudes than anything else. Click “Read More” for more on that.
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 9
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)