Sep 20, 2011, 10:02 PM EDT
The NHL provided video explanations to the way referees will call penalties for boarding and hits to the head next season. Many believe that players are the ones who will ultimately be responsible for improving safety, though.
Jun 21, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
The NHL’s Board of Governors approved a few changes to Rule 41 (boarding) and Rule 48 (illegal hits to the head). How long before the wording confuses every single player and fan around the league?
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 25
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40