Aug 21, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
We haven’t heard from Sabres owner Terry Pegula this summer but he’s finally spoken up and find out he’s the total opposite of what you’d think a big spending owner would be.
Aug 16, 2011, 12:41 PM EDT
Flames GM Jay Feaster thinks that next year’s Flames will resemble the one that put together a nice second-half run, which is why he didn’t change the team a whole lot. So is Calgary a legitimate contender next season? PHT examines their roster to try to answer that question.
Jul 20, 2011, 8:57 PM EDT
Buffalo Sabres fans are renewing season-tickets at a highest rate in franchise history. With 99% of the ticket holders renewing for next season, have hopes (and expectations) ever been higher in Buffalo?
Jul 3, 2011, 11:59 AM EDT
After the free wheeling and spending the Caps and Sabres have done this offseason, they find themselves in a salary cap bind and a few of their own players to retain. So what happens now?
Jul 1, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s free agent day and Brad Richards is the biggest prize on the market. But where will he go? Here’s five places we think he’s got a great shot at landing at.
Jun 30, 2011, 6:53 PM EDT
The Sabres got their man, signing Christian Ehrhoff to a monster 10-year, $40 million deal.
Jun 29, 2011, 8:09 PM EDT
After realizing they couldn’t sign Christian Ehrhoff, the Islanders sent the German defenseman’s negotiating rights to Buffalo for a fourth rounder in 2012.
Jun 25, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
Calgary got busy on day two of the NHL draft finalizing their trade of Robyn Regehr to Buffalo and signing Alex Tanguay to a five-year extension.
Jun 24, 2011, 3:22 PM EDT
The Kings might see an off-season’s worth of shrewd moves in just two days if they complete a Ryan Smyth trade after nabbing Mike Richards.
Jun 24, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Tonight’s first round of the 2011 NHL Draft will provide plenty of drama as to who gets picked where, but there’s more to watch for as well.
Jun 24, 2011, 11:18 AM EDT
Trading Robyn Regehr to Buffalo would open up cap space for the Flames and give the Sabres a much-needed presence on the blueline. It all comes down to Regehr waiving his no-movement clause to make it happen, though.
- PHT Morning Skate: Two top scoring duos collide in Ducks vs. Stars 0
- Pressing Question: Can the Sharks get over past playoff hurdles? 2
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 8
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 7
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 37
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)