Sep 5, 2011, 11:01 PM EST
After a situation that embarrassed the city of Vancouver when it saw its citizens erupt in violence after losing the Stanley Cup finals, the Vancouver City Council is doing the one thing they can: Blaming the NHL for the riots.
Sep 1, 2011, 7:04 PM EST
The City of Vancouver, British Columbia, and Vancouver Police Board commissioned an independent review of the riots in the wake of the Stanley Cup Finals. Let’s just say their findings were predictable.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
While many reacted to the Vancouver riots with disgust, some citizens/fans decided to help clean up the mess. (This post also features an update regarding some of the fallout.)
Jun 16, 2011, 4:20 AM EST
Here are some of the most memorable (and unsettling) photos we’ve seen from the ugly Vancouver riot. Warning: these images might be disturbing. (Updated with the “rioters in love” photo.)
Jun 16, 2011, 12:59 AM EST
In a scene that was sadly reminiscent of how locals reacted to the Game 7 defeat of the 1994 Vancouver Canucks, riots broke out following the team’s 4-0 loss to the Boston Bruins tonight.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 4
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2