Sep 5, 2011, 11:01 PM EDT
After a situation that embarrassed the city of Vancouver when it saw its citizens erupt in violence after losing the Stanley Cup finals, the Vancouver City Council is doing the one thing they can: Blaming the NHL for the riots.
Sep 1, 2011, 7:04 PM EDT
The City of Vancouver, British Columbia, and Vancouver Police Board commissioned an independent review of the riots in the wake of the Stanley Cup Finals. Let’s just say their findings were predictable.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
While many reacted to the Vancouver riots with disgust, some citizens/fans decided to help clean up the mess. (This post also features an update regarding some of the fallout.)
Jun 16, 2011, 4:20 AM EDT
Here are some of the most memorable (and unsettling) photos we’ve seen from the ugly Vancouver riot. Warning: these images might be disturbing. (Updated with the “rioters in love” photo.)
Jun 16, 2011, 12:59 AM EDT
In a scene that was sadly reminiscent of how locals reacted to the Game 7 defeat of the 1994 Vancouver Canucks, riots broke out following the team’s 4-0 loss to the Boston Bruins tonight.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18