Sep 5, 2011, 11:01 PM EST
After a situation that embarrassed the city of Vancouver when it saw its citizens erupt in violence after losing the Stanley Cup finals, the Vancouver City Council is doing the one thing they can: Blaming the NHL for the riots.
Sep 1, 2011, 7:04 PM EST
The City of Vancouver, British Columbia, and Vancouver Police Board commissioned an independent review of the riots in the wake of the Stanley Cup Finals. Let’s just say their findings were predictable.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
While many reacted to the Vancouver riots with disgust, some citizens/fans decided to help clean up the mess. (This post also features an update regarding some of the fallout.)
Jun 16, 2011, 4:20 AM EST
Here are some of the most memorable (and unsettling) photos we’ve seen from the ugly Vancouver riot. Warning: these images might be disturbing. (Updated with the “rioters in love” photo.)
Jun 16, 2011, 12:59 AM EST
In a scene that was sadly reminiscent of how locals reacted to the Game 7 defeat of the 1994 Vancouver Canucks, riots broke out following the team’s 4-0 loss to the Boston Bruins tonight.
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 2
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16