riding the zamboni
Apr 7, 2011, 2:17 AM EST
The Kings clinched a playoff spot, the Flames were officially eliminated and the West’s bottom two seed protected themselves in a busy night in the competitive conference.
Apr 6, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
The Hurricanes won against the Red Wings, while the Capitals increased their first place lead and the Bruins crept to within two points of the second place Flyers. Click “Read More” for the details.
Apr 5, 2011, 1:01 AM EST
The Sharks clobbered the Kings 6-1 tonight, clinching their fourth consecutive Pacific Division title. Learn how this contest changes up the Western Conference playoff picture in this post.
Apr 3, 2011, 1:34 AM EST
The Red Wings clinched a playoff spot thanks to an OT comeback with against the Predators, the Sharks beat the Ducks, the Kings defeated the Stars and the Wild were officially eliminated from the playoffs tonight. Read the recaps in this post.
Apr 2, 2011, 10:48 PM EST
It was a big day in the East, with Washington’s rise to the top spot being the cherry on top. Boston clinched the Northeast Division, Buffalo eked out a point, some bubble teams stayed alive while others saw their dreams die and more. Read all about it in this post.
Apr 1, 2011, 1:41 AM EST
The rich got richer in the West, as the Canucks, Sharks and Predators succeeding in knocking down the Kings, Stars and Avalanche tonight. Read this post for recaps and an updated look on the West playoff picture.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:08 PM EST
There was plenty of interesting activity in the East tonight. The Capitals moved within one point of the Flyers for the top seed, the Lightning clinched a playoff spot, the Islanders hurt the Rangers’ postseason chances and the Leafs kept their dreams alive.
Mar 28, 2011, 1:35 AM EST
A light Sunday night means the Zamboni ride is short. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Mar 27, 2011, 2:40 AM EST
With 12 games today, there was lots of action to sum up. We’ve got it all for you including big wins for San Jose, Nashville, and Calgary.
Mar 26, 2011, 3:30 AM EST
The Devils may have seen the end of their shot at the playoffs while Buffalo and Carolina continue their battle for eighth place.
Mar 25, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are summaries of all nine games on an action packed Thursday night in the NHL.
Mar 23, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Here are summaries of Tuesday evening’s 4 late games.
Mar 23, 2011, 12:26 AM EST
We take a look around Tuesday evening’s six early games.
Mar 21, 2011, 3:08 AM EST
While we had you covered for most everything else today, a couple other games flew under our radar with the Devils shutting out the Jackets and the Canadiens dropping an eight spot on the Wild.
Mar 20, 2011, 2:03 AM EST
Want to catch up on a busy Saturday of NHL action? This post has you covered.
Mar 19, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Recaps of Friday evening’s four games around the NHL
Mar 18, 2011, 2:33 AM EST
Want to know what happened during Thursday’s 11 games. Check out this post.
Mar 18, 2011, 12:35 AM EST
Here are recaps of some of Thursday’s big slate of games, including some Western Conference shuffling, Northeast Division contests and an obscure (but impressive) milestone for Mike Babcock.
Mar 16, 2011, 2:01 AM EST
The Wild West is living up to its name as three Pacific Division rivals all keep pace. Elsewhere, the Rangers got some separation in the East.
Mar 14, 2011, 2:25 AM EST
With the action today being sparse and spread out through the day, maybe you missed our collection of recaps. Don’t worry, we’re making like a cheat sheet and giving you the hook up.
Mar 12, 2011, 2:11 AM EST
In a busy Friday night, the Isles and Devils keep their streaks rolling along while the Ducks stay hot and the Wings pull victory from the jaws of defeat against lowly Edmonton.
Mar 10, 2011, 4:28 AM EST
Shootouts, overtimes, Capitals streaking, Ducks scoring… All just another night in the NHL. Hop on the Zamboni and see what went down tonight.
Mar 9, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
This post includes recaps of Tuesday’s tightly fought late games, including some tough overtime losses for the Coyotes and Predators.
Mar 8, 2011, 10:58 PM EST
Here are recaps of the night’s first seven games.
Mar 8, 2011, 2:04 AM EST
Here are recaps of Monday’s three games, including a big win for the Stars against the Kings.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 57
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 80
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 29
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (80)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)