Jul 2, 2011, 10:50 PM EDT
Four teams made a few lighter impact signings on Day 2 of free agency. We’ll give you the quick once-over on those deals.
May 26, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT
According to grainy video evidence, one Lightning reporter indicates that Nathan Horton threw a water bottle at Tampa Bay fans after they threw “rally drums” on the ice at the end of Game 6. Read more about the situation in this post.
Nov 25, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
The Canucks have given enforcer Rick Rypien a leave of absence to attend to personal problems. Unfortunately, the Canucks have been through this with him before.
Oct 28, 2010, 12:16 AM EDT
God bless America. James Engquist could stand to cash in on getting grabbed by Canucks forward Rick Rypien by just filing a lawsuit.
Oct 22, 2010, 4:47 PM EDT
James Engquist, the fan grabbed by Canucks forward Rick Rypien, isn’t happy with the punishment handed down by the NHL and says if he did that at his job he’d be fired. Welcome to reality, James.
Oct 22, 2010, 1:26 PM EDT
Canucks forward Rick Rypien gets a six-game suspension, but we’re left feeling that that wasn’t enough.
Oct 22, 2010, 11:04 AM EDT
With Canucks forward Rick Rypien’s hearing in New York City with the NHL front office underway today to decide what his punishment for grabbing a fan during a game will be, it’s about time we caught up with what you think his punishment should be. We polled you guys recently to find out what you…
Oct 20, 2010, 8:36 PM EDT
Imagine, for a second, that you get some great tickets to a sporting event – hockey or otherwise. You decide to give the other team a clever tongue-lashing, perhaps thanks to a healthy dosage of booze or a long day at the office. It seems like a light hearted good time – after all, isn’t…
Oct 20, 2010, 6:16 PM EDT
The fan who was attacked by Canucks forward Rick Rypien speaks out about what happened and throws around the idea of filing a lawsuit.
Oct 20, 2010, 2:08 PM EDT
The NHL has handed down at least their initial word about how they’re going to handle things with Vancouver forward Rick Rypien and his grabby hands towards a Minnesota fan. The league has suspended Rypien indefinitely pending a hearing. Given what happened last night in St. Paul and the fact the Canucks play again tonight…
Oct 20, 2010, 10:32 AM EDT
What do you think the NHL will do with Rick Rypien? Vote in our poll to let us know.
Oct 20, 2010, 2:36 AM EDT
Canucks forward Rick Rypien has the support of his teammates after going after a fan in Minnesota, but that’s about all he’ll get as he’s looking at getting a stiff suspension from the NHL. But just how many games? We have a stab in the dark.
Oct 19, 2010, 10:49 PM EDT
In the second period of tonight’s Vancouver Canucks game against the Minnesota Wild in St. Paul, Minnesota, Canucks agitator/fighting forward Rick Rypien lost his head a bit. OK, he lost his head a lot as Rypien apparently went into the stands and grabbed a fan as he was headed towards the locker room. Michael Russo…
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)