Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 PM EDT
The game was held in Rypien’s hometown, a year to the day of his passing.
Feb 2, 2012, 8:35 PM EDT
Marty Howe says discussion of dementia made his life “a living hell.”
Jan 31, 2012, 9:16 PM EDT
Bieksa hopes others can find help.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:41 AM EDT
An emotional night at Rogers Arena this evening as Vancouverites celebrated the life of Rick Rypien.
Oct 18, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa will find tonight’s ceremony especially emotional.
Sep 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
While the fighting debate continues to rage on, Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton is making it crystal clear that no one should be taking his job away.
Sep 7, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
After an unbelievably horrible year, hockey fans and players will grow stronger after so much tragedy and use the game to help start the healing process.
Sep 4, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
You can put former Calgary Flames fighter Jim Peplinski down as one former player against fighting in the NHL.
Sep 4, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Cam Janssen admits that depression is often a part of the stressful job of being an NHL enforcer.
Sep 3, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With sudden death surrounding the world of NHL enforcers, the debate whether to keep fighting in the game is rightfully or wrongfully taking over discussion. Should fighting still be allowed in the NHL?
Sep 2, 2011, 11:15 PM EDT
While it’s yet unknown if Wade Belak did commit suicide, his mother Lorraine says he suffered quietly with depression.
Sep 1, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
In the wake of one of the saddest and ugliest summers on record, the NHL and NHLPA are teaming up to take steps to figure out what they can do to help their players and avoid further tragedy.
Sep 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
With four untimely deaths this year in the hockey community, the time is now for the NHL and NHLPA to get together to better prepare players for the hardships they can encounter as a professional hockey player.
Aug 31, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
The NHL’s nightmare summer continues as Wade Belak was found dead at age 35.
Aug 24, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
Michael Ryder’s brother Daniel was cleared of charges related to an attempted robbery of a convenience store.
Aug 20, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
Kevin Bieksa, Alexandre Burrows and Canucks GM Mike Gillis were among almost 1,000 people in attendance for Rick Rypien’s funeral on Saturday.
Aug 19, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
The funeral for former Canucks scrapper Rick Rypien will be Saturday and a big turnout is expected in his rural Alberta town.
Aug 18, 2011, 3:12 AM EDT
Hundreds of fans gathered today at Rogers Arena to pay their respects to the many they called Ripper.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Aug 17, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Rick Rypien’s former Super Bowl winning quarterback cousin Mark Rypien spoke up about the untimely death of his NHL-playing relative.
Aug 16, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Here is a collection of some of the tributes from Rick Rypien’s fans, teammates and even former opponents.
Aug 15, 2011, 11:44 PM EDT
Canucks fans plan to celebrate Rick Rypien’s life at Rogers Arena on Wednesday afternoon.
Aug 15, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
Former Canucks tough guy Rick Rypien was found dead at his Alberta Home by a family member. Rypien was just 27 years old. This post has been updated with a possible cause of death and a statement from the Winnipeg Jets.
Jul 4, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
With the Winnipeg Jets coming to rise out of Atlanta, it appears that even though everything else about the team is new they’re doing things like they did while in Atlanta.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)