Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 PM EST
The game was held in Rypien’s hometown, a year to the day of his passing.
Feb 2, 2012, 8:35 PM EST
Marty Howe says discussion of dementia made his life “a living hell.”
Jan 31, 2012, 9:16 PM EST
Bieksa hopes others can find help.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:41 AM EST
An emotional night at Rogers Arena this evening as Vancouverites celebrated the life of Rick Rypien.
Oct 18, 2011, 12:54 PM EST
Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa will find tonight’s ceremony especially emotional.
Sep 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
While the fighting debate continues to rage on, Bruins tough guy Shawn Thornton is making it crystal clear that no one should be taking his job away.
Sep 7, 2011, 4:17 PM EST
After an unbelievably horrible year, hockey fans and players will grow stronger after so much tragedy and use the game to help start the healing process.
Sep 4, 2011, 9:38 PM EST
You can put former Calgary Flames fighter Jim Peplinski down as one former player against fighting in the NHL.
Sep 4, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
Cam Janssen admits that depression is often a part of the stressful job of being an NHL enforcer.
Sep 3, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
With sudden death surrounding the world of NHL enforcers, the debate whether to keep fighting in the game is rightfully or wrongfully taking over discussion. Should fighting still be allowed in the NHL?
Sep 2, 2011, 11:15 PM EST
While it’s yet unknown if Wade Belak did commit suicide, his mother Lorraine says he suffered quietly with depression.
Sep 1, 2011, 5:02 PM EST
In the wake of one of the saddest and ugliest summers on record, the NHL and NHLPA are teaming up to take steps to figure out what they can do to help their players and avoid further tragedy.
Sep 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
With four untimely deaths this year in the hockey community, the time is now for the NHL and NHLPA to get together to better prepare players for the hardships they can encounter as a professional hockey player.
Aug 31, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
The NHL’s nightmare summer continues as Wade Belak was found dead at age 35.
Aug 24, 2011, 12:13 PM EST
Michael Ryder’s brother Daniel was cleared of charges related to an attempted robbery of a convenience store.
Aug 20, 2011, 4:04 PM EST
Kevin Bieksa, Alexandre Burrows and Canucks GM Mike Gillis were among almost 1,000 people in attendance for Rick Rypien’s funeral on Saturday.
Aug 19, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
The funeral for former Canucks scrapper Rick Rypien will be Saturday and a big turnout is expected in his rural Alberta town.
Aug 18, 2011, 3:12 AM EST
Hundreds of fans gathered today at Rogers Arena to pay their respects to the many they called Ripper.
Aug 17, 2011, 5:33 PM EST
After Derek Boogaard and Rick Rypien’s untimely deaths, the NHL is examining its support programs.
Aug 17, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Rick Rypien’s former Super Bowl winning quarterback cousin Mark Rypien spoke up about the untimely death of his NHL-playing relative.
Aug 16, 2011, 11:40 AM EST
Here is a collection of some of the tributes from Rick Rypien’s fans, teammates and even former opponents.
Aug 15, 2011, 11:44 PM EST
Canucks fans plan to celebrate Rick Rypien’s life at Rogers Arena on Wednesday afternoon.
Aug 15, 2011, 9:51 PM EST
Former Canucks tough guy Rick Rypien was found dead at his Alberta Home by a family member. Rypien was just 27 years old. This post has been updated with a possible cause of death and a statement from the Winnipeg Jets.
Jul 4, 2011, 11:46 PM EST
With the Winnipeg Jets coming to rise out of Atlanta, it appears that even though everything else about the team is new they’re doing things like they did while in Atlanta.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 9
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)