May 6, 2012, 2:19 PM EST
From Atlanta to Toronto and now Montreal.
Jul 15, 2011, 9:32 PM EST
The Jets added three people to its coaching staff: Charlie Huddy, Wade Flaherty and Tony Borgford.
Jul 10, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
Two tragic moments could have derailed former NHL goalie (and current Flames goalie coach) Clint Malarchuk’s life and career. While some will define him by those two dark moments, his story is one of profound resiliency.
Jul 5, 2011, 3:07 PM EST
With the Winnipeg Jets’ summer being a quiet one, they did one important thing today: re-signed captain Andrew Ladd to a five-year deal.
Jul 4, 2011, 11:46 PM EST
With the Winnipeg Jets coming to rise out of Atlanta, it appears that even though everything else about the team is new they’re doing things like they did while in Atlanta.
Jun 27, 2011, 7:23 PM EST
Panthers GM Dale Tallon continues to stock up on Chicago Blackhawks cast-offs, trading for Tomas Kopecky just days after adding Brian Campbell to the Florida mix.
Jun 24, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
Two executives move on from bad luck with the Atlanta Thrashers: former GM Rick Dudley will be one of Brian Burke’s assistant GMs in Toronto while former head coach Craig Ramsay seemingly had an interview to be an assistant coach for Mike Babcock in Detroit.
Jun 10, 2011, 2:29 PM EST
True North replaced many Thrashers staffers with Manitoba Moose employees while key coaching staff members wonder about their future. Speaking of the Moose: they’ll play in St. John’s N.L. next season.
Jun 8, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
It’s official: former Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will be the new Winnipeg team’s GM.
Jun 7, 2011, 6:33 PM EST
Reports indicate that Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will become the GM for Winnipeg’s new team.
Jun 5, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
One report indicates that True North offered their newly vacated GM position to Chicago assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.
Jun 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Reports out of Winnipeg say that Thrashers GM Rick Dudley will not be retained in that position by True North ownership.
If Rick Dudley doesn’t stay to GM in Winnipeg, is Kevin Cheveldayoff the next pilot of the franchise?
Jun 3, 2011, 5:56 PM EST
With the potential staff turnover coming with the Thrashers move to Winnipeg, if GM Rick Dudley steps out, could a former first round pick of the Islanders lead the way?
Feb 28, 2011, 10:57 AM EST
The Thrashers added veteran forward Radek Dvorak in exchange with the Panthers for this package: Niclas Bergfors, Patrick Rissmiller and a fifth round pick.
Feb 27, 2011, 10:37 PM EST
Like most general managers in the playoff picture, Thrashers GM Rick Dudley wants to make his team better. But he also knows that he shouldn’t compromise a promising future for a slightly better present.
Feb 23, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
The Thrashers may be struggling at the moment, but the job GM Rick Dudley’s done there in changing the culture is already noticeable. That’s why he was rewarded with a four-year contract extension.
Feb 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Dustin Byfuglien was set to become a free agent at the end of this season. That’s not happening now as he’s signed a five-year extension to stay in Atlanta for $26 million.
Feb 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The Thrashers are really struggling right now, so it shouldn’t be surprising that GM Rick Dudley might be working the phones for a possible trade or two.
Nov 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EST
Dustin Byfuglien left last night’s game against the Panthers after being hit by a puck, but Thrashers GM Rick Dudley says it shouldn’t be a long term injury.
Oct 29, 2010, 11:11 PM EST
Many people questioned the kind of impact Dustin Byfuglien would have for the Atlanta Thrashers, but he’s been a huge force for the team so far this season.
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 11
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 30
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Harding’s diving save highlights Wild’s win 5
- Varlamov expected to enter plea on Jan. 22 7
- Malkin named NHL’s first star for second straight week 9
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Video: Malkin, Penguins win wild, controversial one over Leafs (40)
- ‘It’s like Groundhog Day’: Schneider frustrated about backing up Brodeur (35)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Red Wings challenge division-leading Bruins (32)