May 6, 2012, 2:19 PM EDT
From Atlanta to Toronto and now Montreal.
Jul 15, 2011, 9:32 PM EDT
The Jets added three people to its coaching staff: Charlie Huddy, Wade Flaherty and Tony Borgford.
Jul 10, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
Two tragic moments could have derailed former NHL goalie (and current Flames goalie coach) Clint Malarchuk’s life and career. While some will define him by those two dark moments, his story is one of profound resiliency.
Jul 5, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
With the Winnipeg Jets’ summer being a quiet one, they did one important thing today: re-signed captain Andrew Ladd to a five-year deal.
Jul 4, 2011, 11:46 PM EDT
With the Winnipeg Jets coming to rise out of Atlanta, it appears that even though everything else about the team is new they’re doing things like they did while in Atlanta.
Jun 27, 2011, 7:23 PM EDT
Panthers GM Dale Tallon continues to stock up on Chicago Blackhawks cast-offs, trading for Tomas Kopecky just days after adding Brian Campbell to the Florida mix.
Jun 24, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Two executives move on from bad luck with the Atlanta Thrashers: former GM Rick Dudley will be one of Brian Burke’s assistant GMs in Toronto while former head coach Craig Ramsay seemingly had an interview to be an assistant coach for Mike Babcock in Detroit.
Jun 10, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
True North replaced many Thrashers staffers with Manitoba Moose employees while key coaching staff members wonder about their future. Speaking of the Moose: they’ll play in St. John’s N.L. next season.
Jun 8, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
It’s official: former Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will be the new Winnipeg team’s GM.
Jun 7, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
Reports indicate that Blackhawks assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff will become the GM for Winnipeg’s new team.
Jun 5, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
One report indicates that True North offered their newly vacated GM position to Chicago assistant GM Kevin Cheveldayoff.
Jun 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Reports out of Winnipeg say that Thrashers GM Rick Dudley will not be retained in that position by True North ownership.
If Rick Dudley doesn’t stay to GM in Winnipeg, is Kevin Cheveldayoff the next pilot of the franchise?
Jun 3, 2011, 5:56 PM EDT
With the potential staff turnover coming with the Thrashers move to Winnipeg, if GM Rick Dudley steps out, could a former first round pick of the Islanders lead the way?
Feb 28, 2011, 10:57 AM EDT
The Thrashers added veteran forward Radek Dvorak in exchange with the Panthers for this package: Niclas Bergfors, Patrick Rissmiller and a fifth round pick.
Feb 27, 2011, 10:37 PM EDT
Like most general managers in the playoff picture, Thrashers GM Rick Dudley wants to make his team better. But he also knows that he shouldn’t compromise a promising future for a slightly better present.
Feb 23, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
The Thrashers may be struggling at the moment, but the job GM Rick Dudley’s done there in changing the culture is already noticeable. That’s why he was rewarded with a four-year contract extension.
Feb 15, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien was set to become a free agent at the end of this season. That’s not happening now as he’s signed a five-year extension to stay in Atlanta for $26 million.
Feb 3, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Thrashers are really struggling right now, so it shouldn’t be surprising that GM Rick Dudley might be working the phones for a possible trade or two.
Nov 18, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Dustin Byfuglien left last night’s game against the Panthers after being hit by a puck, but Thrashers GM Rick Dudley says it shouldn’t be a long term injury.
Oct 29, 2010, 11:11 PM EDT
Many people questioned the kind of impact Dustin Byfuglien would have for the Atlanta Thrashers, but he’s been a huge force for the team so far this season.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 0
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 19
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)