May 23, 2011, 7:29 PM EDT
There’s going to be a Red Wings defenseman announcing their retirement this offseason but it’s not the one you’re thinking it is.
May 19, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
Fredrik Modin announced his retirement after 14 NHL seasons, with his best moments as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning. PHT looks back at his underrated career in this post.
Apr 10, 2011, 7:27 PM EDT
Devils coach Jacques Lemaire says he won’t return to coaching again next season. After being pulled out of retirement to help turn the team around this year, retirement seems to be for real this time.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Apr 1, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
Bill McCreary – and especially his signature mustache – will be missed as the veteran referee will officiate his last game on Saturday.
Feb 14, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg’s retirement from the NHL makes fans in Denver and throughout the world a little sadder today.
Feb 14, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg’s comeback is over. There’s a good chance that he’ll never play another NHL game.
Feb 11, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Calling it quits at age 31? The life of an enforcer in the NHL isn’t always so glamorous.
Jan 26, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
After a 16-year career in the NHL, after clearing waivers today Craig Conroy is reportedly set to announce his retirement.
Dec 26, 2010, 3:21 PM EDT
Is this it for Peter Forsberg? The talented Swede told MODO that his foot problems would end his season. It’s hard not to speculate that this might be it for his career too.
Dec 8, 2010, 6:30 PM EDT
After a 14-year NHL career, Jere Lehtinen is hanging up his skates for good and retiring from hockey.
Dec 7, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
Bill Guerin gets emotional when talking about his family during his retirement press conference.
Dec 6, 2010, 9:40 AM EDT
After 18 seasons in the NHL and being unable to land a spot with another team this year, Bill Guerin is calling it a career.
Oct 12, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
There’s a bunch of Detroit Red Wings-related injury/retirement news via Ansar Khan of MLive.com today and last night. Let’s take a look. Kirk Maltby is set to announce his retirement today. The grinder has been a fixture in Detroit for most of his 16-year NHL career and Khan points out that he’s one of only…
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Eastern Conference Final Game 6 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 25
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)