May 23, 2011, 7:29 PM EST
There’s going to be a Red Wings defenseman announcing their retirement this offseason but it’s not the one you’re thinking it is.
May 19, 2011, 9:15 PM EST
Fredrik Modin announced his retirement after 14 NHL seasons, with his best moments as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning. PHT looks back at his underrated career in this post.
Apr 10, 2011, 7:27 PM EST
Devils coach Jacques Lemaire says he won’t return to coaching again next season. After being pulled out of retirement to help turn the team around this year, retirement seems to be for real this time.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Apr 1, 2011, 4:59 PM EST
Bill McCreary – and especially his signature mustache – will be missed as the veteran referee will officiate his last game on Saturday.
Feb 14, 2011, 9:27 PM EST
Peter Forsberg’s retirement from the NHL makes fans in Denver and throughout the world a little sadder today.
Feb 14, 2011, 12:28 PM EST
Peter Forsberg’s comeback is over. There’s a good chance that he’ll never play another NHL game.
Feb 11, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Calling it quits at age 31? The life of an enforcer in the NHL isn’t always so glamorous.
Jan 26, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
After a 16-year career in the NHL, after clearing waivers today Craig Conroy is reportedly set to announce his retirement.
Dec 26, 2010, 3:21 PM EST
Is this it for Peter Forsberg? The talented Swede told MODO that his foot problems would end his season. It’s hard not to speculate that this might be it for his career too.
Dec 8, 2010, 6:30 PM EST
After a 14-year NHL career, Jere Lehtinen is hanging up his skates for good and retiring from hockey.
Dec 7, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
Bill Guerin gets emotional when talking about his family during his retirement press conference.
Dec 6, 2010, 9:40 AM EST
After 18 seasons in the NHL and being unable to land a spot with another team this year, Bill Guerin is calling it a career.
Oct 12, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
There’s a bunch of Detroit Red Wings-related injury/retirement news via Ansar Khan of MLive.com today and last night. Let’s take a look. Kirk Maltby is set to announce his retirement today. The grinder has been a fixture in Detroit for most of his 16-year NHL career and Khan points out that he’s one of only…
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)