Oct 7, 2012, 3:50 PM EDT
A health crisis with his daughter is the reason.
Sep 9, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
“We, as the union, will do what’s right for us and what’s fair. If that means I lose a year, then so be it.”
May 15, 2012, 12:01 PM EDT
“But I like the strategic aspect of the game. I read the game really well.”
Apr 26, 2012, 11:27 PM EDT
“They’ve kept me upbeat and happy when I’m a grumpy old man at times. They’ve made this year very enjoyable for me.”
Apr 25, 2012, 9:51 AM EDT
They’re like the NHL’s version of The Odd Couple.
Apr 22, 2012, 5:28 PM EDT
It’s possible that both might play their final game for the Devils on Tuesday.
Apr 21, 2012, 8:36 PM EDT
He can probably wait as long as he wants.
Mar 25, 2012, 11:04 AM EDT
When you lead your team in scoring at 41, you’re doing something very, very right.
Mar 21, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT
He doesn’t know if he could play for another team, if it came down to that.
Mar 15, 2012, 12:02 AM EDT
The Finnish great is like most of us – he doesn’t want the Finnish Flash to go.
Mar 14, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
This relationship is ending on a real high note.
Mar 13, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
“I am officially retired. I threw my skates in the Hudson.”
Jan 17, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
He’s played 18 seasons and is thinking of making it 19.
Dec 15, 2011, 9:07 AM EDT
Comparing him to Eric Lindros is a bit of a stretch at this point.
Sep 16, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
38-year-old Martin Brodeur is entering the final year of his contract. Is this going to be his last season before retirement? He’s given it some thought…
Sep 15, 2011, 6:27 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne says he believes this is his last year in the NHL but he’s got a lot to look forward to this season to make it a potentially memorable one.
Sep 15, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The “Finnish Flash” is coming back to play one more year with the Anaheim Ducks. Let us all rejoice.
Sep 6, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
Ducks GM Bob Murray spoke about what he thinks of Teemu Selanne rejoining the Ducks this season or if the NHL legend will call it a career.
Aug 31, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
The doubts about Marc Savard’s NHL return continue as Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said he won’t play this season and probably won’t ever play again.
Aug 27, 2011, 11:09 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne played in a charity game in California tonight and he’s feeling optimistic about playing next season.
Aug 26, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
Mike Modano admits that he’s “still on the fence” when it comes to a retirement decision, with a new window for a decision being mid-September.
Aug 22, 2011, 8:34 PM EDT
We’re not the only ones blogging around here as Teemu Selanne writes about his summer workouts and whether or not he’s retiring and just when he’ll decide that by.
Aug 8, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
Ducks GM Bob Murray provided an update regarding Jonas Hiller and Teemu Selanne, although the details are more than a little vague.
Aug 8, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
Mike Comrie’s NHL career is on hold as he continues to rehab from hip surgery. Could this be the last we see of Comrie?
Aug 6, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Could Marty Turco’s lack of options force him to retire or at least leave the NHL?
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 0
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 22
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 72
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (74)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)