Oct 7, 2012, 3:50 PM EST
A health crisis with his daughter is the reason.
Sep 9, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
“We, as the union, will do what’s right for us and what’s fair. If that means I lose a year, then so be it.”
May 15, 2012, 12:01 PM EST
“But I like the strategic aspect of the game. I read the game really well.”
Apr 26, 2012, 11:27 PM EST
“They’ve kept me upbeat and happy when I’m a grumpy old man at times. They’ve made this year very enjoyable for me.”
Apr 25, 2012, 9:51 AM EST
They’re like the NHL’s version of The Odd Couple.
Apr 22, 2012, 5:28 PM EST
It’s possible that both might play their final game for the Devils on Tuesday.
Apr 21, 2012, 8:36 PM EST
He can probably wait as long as he wants.
Mar 25, 2012, 11:04 AM EST
When you lead your team in scoring at 41, you’re doing something very, very right.
Mar 21, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
He doesn’t know if he could play for another team, if it came down to that.
Mar 15, 2012, 12:02 AM EST
The Finnish great is like most of us – he doesn’t want the Finnish Flash to go.
Mar 14, 2012, 2:32 PM EST
This relationship is ending on a real high note.
Mar 13, 2012, 1:43 PM EST
“I am officially retired. I threw my skates in the Hudson.”
Jan 17, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
He’s played 18 seasons and is thinking of making it 19.
Dec 15, 2011, 9:07 AM EST
Comparing him to Eric Lindros is a bit of a stretch at this point.
Sep 16, 2011, 10:34 PM EST
38-year-old Martin Brodeur is entering the final year of his contract. Is this going to be his last season before retirement? He’s given it some thought…
Sep 15, 2011, 6:27 PM EST
Teemu Selanne says he believes this is his last year in the NHL but he’s got a lot to look forward to this season to make it a potentially memorable one.
Sep 15, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
The “Finnish Flash” is coming back to play one more year with the Anaheim Ducks. Let us all rejoice.
Sep 6, 2011, 3:56 PM EST
Ducks GM Bob Murray spoke about what he thinks of Teemu Selanne rejoining the Ducks this season or if the NHL legend will call it a career.
Aug 31, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
The doubts about Marc Savard’s NHL return continue as Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli said he won’t play this season and probably won’t ever play again.
Aug 27, 2011, 11:09 PM EST
Teemu Selanne played in a charity game in California tonight and he’s feeling optimistic about playing next season.
Aug 26, 2011, 11:20 PM EST
Mike Modano admits that he’s “still on the fence” when it comes to a retirement decision, with a new window for a decision being mid-September.
Aug 22, 2011, 8:34 PM EST
We’re not the only ones blogging around here as Teemu Selanne writes about his summer workouts and whether or not he’s retiring and just when he’ll decide that by.
Aug 8, 2011, 6:03 PM EST
Ducks GM Bob Murray provided an update regarding Jonas Hiller and Teemu Selanne, although the details are more than a little vague.
Aug 8, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
Mike Comrie’s NHL career is on hold as he continues to rehab from hip surgery. Could this be the last we see of Comrie?
Aug 6, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Could Marty Turco’s lack of options force him to retire or at least leave the NHL?
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 0
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)