Sep 21, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
After an outstanding career in which he broke most of the all-time records for American born NHL players, Mike Modano announced his retirement via Facebook today. He’ll hold a press conference to make it official on Friday.
Sep 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Jesse Boulerice made headlines for all the wrong reasons during his hockey career, but he’ll leave the sport in a strange way.
Aug 22, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
Quick hits from around the NHL: Dave Scatchard retires, NHL 12 won’t have the Jets jerseys until its first roster update and Craig Adams will miss about four weeks because of an appendectomy.
Aug 12, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Lee Sweatt started his NHL career by scoring a goal in his first game. One shift later, it all fell apart.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
Shortly after winning his third Stanley Cup, Mark Recchi made his rumored retirement official tonight. He shouldn’t have many regrets after a prolific 22-year career, either.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 24, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
It’s likely that the Red Wings’ Wednesday press conference will be held to announce Brian Rafalski’s retirement. In other news, the team will play against the Flyers in a pre-season game in London, Ontario.
May 19, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
Fredrik Modin announced his retirement after 14 NHL seasons, with his best moments as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning. PHT looks back at his underrated career in this post.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)