Sep 21, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
After an outstanding career in which he broke most of the all-time records for American born NHL players, Mike Modano announced his retirement via Facebook today. He’ll hold a press conference to make it official on Friday.
Sep 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
Jesse Boulerice made headlines for all the wrong reasons during his hockey career, but he’ll leave the sport in a strange way.
Aug 22, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
Quick hits from around the NHL: Dave Scatchard retires, NHL 12 won’t have the Jets jerseys until its first roster update and Craig Adams will miss about four weeks because of an appendectomy.
Aug 12, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Lee Sweatt started his NHL career by scoring a goal in his first game. One shift later, it all fell apart.
Jun 16, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
Shortly after winning his third Stanley Cup, Mark Recchi made his rumored retirement official tonight. He shouldn’t have many regrets after a prolific 22-year career, either.
May 26, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Doug Weight officially retired from the NHL today. He’ll take on a role as an assistant GM and assistant coach with the Islanders going forward.
May 24, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
It’s likely that the Red Wings’ Wednesday press conference will be held to announce Brian Rafalski’s retirement. In other news, the team will play against the Flyers in a pre-season game in London, Ontario.
May 19, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
Fredrik Modin announced his retirement after 14 NHL seasons, with his best moments as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning. PHT looks back at his underrated career in this post.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7