restricted free agent
Jan 13, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
It’s believed to be worth $2.55 million per season.
Jan 12, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
They’re apart by just over a half-million per year.
Aug 28, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Not having a contract isn’t an issue for him right now.
Jun 30, 2012, 12:35 PM EDT
Would you pay him $4 million a year on a new deal?
Jun 3, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
He’s a restricted free agent and the future in goal for the Bruins.
Oct 26, 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
Those pesky Kyle Turris trade rumors just will not go away no matter what Coyotes GM Don Maloney has to say.
Oct 11, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
Kyle Turris is still unsigned in Phoenix and he’s apparently had enough and wants out.
Oct 6, 2011, 5:39 PM EDT
The Coyotes locked up Martin Hanzal for five more years and $18.5 million. Say, has anyone heard from Kyle Turris?
Sep 24, 2011, 5:54 PM EDT
While Drew Doughty continues to be in limbo as a restricted free agent, Slava Voynov is getting a long look in Los Angeles because of it and he’s taking full advantage of the chance.
Sep 16, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
Kyle Turris wants a lot of money from the Phoenix Coyotes and Coyotes GM Don Maloney doesn’t understand where he’s coming from.
Sep 16, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Dean Lombardi’s last contract offer to Drew Doughty is like a clock. Each day that Doughty isn’t signed, the offer drops by $25,000. Time is money after all.
Sep 16, 2011, 2:37 AM EDT
Leafs fans rejoice! Toronto signs their young defenseman to a 5-year deal for approximately $3.5 million per season.
Sep 16, 2011, 1:37 AM EDT
The one thing that Kings fans have been dreading all offseason has become a reality: Drew Doughty will hold out as he continues to negotiate a new deal.
Sep 16, 2011, 12:28 AM EDT
Only hours from owner Charles Wang’s deadline, the New York Islanders and restricted free agent Josh Bailey reached an agreement on a two-year deal.
Sep 15, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Islanders restricted free agent Josh Bailey has a deadline to be signed by Friday morning or else the Islanders will make him miss the rest of the season.
Sep 15, 2011, 4:16 AM EDT
As restricted free agents sign around the NHL, the Phoenix Coyotes are resigned to the fact that Kyle Turris won’t be signed before training camp opens. For Coyotes fans looking for good news on the contract front, you may want to look elsewhere.
Sep 14, 2011, 5:35 PM EDT
After a summer of negotiations, Zach Bogosian finally lands a deal with Winnipeg worth two years and $5 million.
Sep 14, 2011, 3:17 PM EDT
Brad Marchand’s contract negotiations are finally over and the pesky winger is back with Boston on a very reasonable deal. Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli seems to know what he’s doing.
Sep 13, 2011, 10:59 PM EDT
Brad Marchand wants to be a Bruin. Peter Chiarelli wants Marchand to be a Bruin. Sooner or later, a deal has to get done… right?
Sep 11, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
Drew Doughty’s contract negotiations in Los Angeles are still rolling along slowly, but now even Kings GM Dean Lombardi will get his bosses involved in talks.
Sep 10, 2011, 8:44 PM EDT
Training camp starts next week in Winnipeg and defenseman Zach Bogosian still isn’t signed. Tick, tick, tick…
Sep 9, 2011, 8:46 PM EDT
Despite contract negotiations that have lasted all summer, New York Islanders restricted free agent Josh Bailey can’t wait to get a deal done and get on the ice for his team.
Sep 9, 2011, 4:35 PM EDT
The Avalanche have everyone back in the fold now that Kyle Cumiskey is back on board for another year.
Sep 9, 2011, 11:37 AM EDT
The Panthers took care of their final loose end signing restricted free agent Shawn Matthias to a two-year deal.
Sep 9, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
With training camp opening next week, Drew Doughty and the Los Angeles Kings have yet to find a common ground. Are the Kings looking at a holdout to start the season?
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)