Sep 26, 2011, 8:44 PM EST
James Wisniewski received the harshest suspension yet, as the Blue Jackets defenseman will sit out the rest of the preseason and a whopping eight regular season games for his illegal hit on Cal Clutterbuck. In case players haven’t been paying attention, Brendan Shanahan clearly means business.
Sep 5, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Jesse Boulerice made headlines for all the wrong reasons during his hockey career, but he’ll leave the sport in a strange way.
Aug 6, 2011, 11:22 AM EST
Sean Avery says he thinks that his legal issues “will all work out at some point,” but the question is: will his NHL career?
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14