May 20, 2011, 1:34 PM EDT
If the Thrashers do indeed move to Winnipeg, it’s likely they won’t use Thrashers as the team name. So let us know what you think they should be called instead.
May 19, 2011, 9:51 PM EDT
One major news outlet is reporting that the Atlanta Thrashers will, indeed, move to Winnipeg. Then again, many others are refuting that report. Stick with this post for updates on this story.
May 17, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
The PHT readers have spoken and they prefer to see the Nashville Predators move to the Eastern Conference should the Atlanta Thrashers relocate to Winnipeg and join the Western Conference.
May 16, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
If you thing the NHL isn’t prepared for a potential move to Winnipeg by the Atlanta Thrashers, you’d be wrong as they’ve reportedly got a schedule drawn up for either Atlanta or Winnipeg.
May 16, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
At least some of the rumors are true: an Atlanta Journal-Constitution report confirms that the Atlanta Spirit ownership group is negotiating with True North. If the two sides come to an agreement, the Thrashers’ move to Winnipeg could become very close to a reality.
May 15, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
If the Atlanta Thrashers are bought and moved to Winnipeg, the NHL will have to figure out a realignment plan sending one Western Conference team to the Eastern Conference. But who should go?
May 12, 2011, 5:29 PM EDT
NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly didn’t confirm that the Thrashers might move from Atlanta to Winnipeg, but he didn’t deny the possibility, either.
Mar 9, 2011, 12:44 PM EDT
Reports indicate that three local owners might be interested in buying the Thrashers, thus possibly keeping them in Atlanta. That will be easier said than done, though.
Mar 2, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes sale hit another big bump in the road, as a potential lawsuit and rising interest rates throw another curve ball at the league and possible new owner Matt Hulsizer.
Feb 10, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Quebec City officials announced that their upcoming $400 million arena will be paid 50-50 by the city and the province.
Feb 9, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
This week, Mike addresses your questions about what’s up with Atlanta’s relocation rumors, what’s causing the Chicago Blackhawks to struggle, and how the Devils went from division winner to basement dwellers in just a year.
Feb 3, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The Sabres were once made an offer they couldn’t refuse to be bought and moved out of Buffalo. Soon-to-be former owner Tom Golisano turned it down though. Gee, I wonder who would grossly overpay for an NHL team…
Dec 10, 2010, 11:11 AM EDT
A game between the Islanders and Thrashers in Long Island would normally draw a sparse crowd. Now, they’ll have a healthy number of Nordiques fans looking to stake a claim on either team.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 AM EDT
In an ideal world, the Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg Jets could play in the NHL again. Unfortunately, the numbers say that the two markets would probably struggle to support a pro team.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 24
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 44
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)