Oct 4, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
The Capitals and Penguins will join forces to help families affected by the Lokomotiv tragedy during their Oct. 13 game in Pittsburgh.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:42 PM EST
As the KHL tries to figure out where to go from here, the league’s vice-president thinks it’s in the best interests of the fans and people of Yaroslavl to put a team together as soon as possible.
Sep 8, 2011, 4:09 PM EST
KHL vice president Ilya Kochevrin spoke with Puck Daddy’s Dmitri Chesnokov today, providing more details about how the league plans to help Lokomotiv rebuild and how the KHL will attempt to move on from Wednesday’s tragic events.
Sep 8, 2011, 11:04 AM EST
The KHL will put its games on hold for five days to deal with the ramifications of the awful Lokomotiv crash, with play resuming on Monday, September 12. The league also will call upon its other teams to help rebuild Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.
- Marian Gaborik suffers broken collarbone in return to action 8
- Martin Jones improves to 8-0-0, ties NHL record 18
- Vermette gets hat trick, including late tying goal, OT winner 2
- GM Wilson: It’s too early to tell if Hertl’s season is done 26
- A month later, Martin Erat still wants to be traded 11
- Devils lose Brunner for at least four weeks 0
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 37
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (108)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ (72)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)
- Video: Marchand taunts Canucks with championship miming (69)