Nov 14, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
Niklas Hagman is off to Anaheim as the Ducks claimed him off re-entry waivers from Calgary.
Nov 12, 2011, 4:31 PM EDT
Niklas Hagman is on re-entry waivers but would anyone take a flyer on him?
Nov 1, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Sean Avery clears re-entry waivers to join the Rangers for a second chance at playing nicely with John Tortorella.
Oct 31, 2011, 8:57 AM EDT
The Rangers are perfectly average right now but can Sean Avery be the spark they need to do better?
Oct 12, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Apparently NHL teams aren’t ones for a bargain as Eric Nystrom cleared re-entry waivers. Now the Wild have choices to make with their roster.
Oct 12, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Eric Nystrom is coming through on re-entry waivers today and any team that grabs him is getting a solid player at half the price.
Apr 22, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
The Islanders will be staking a claim to Evgeni Nabokov for next year. Considering he didn’t want to join them last season, what are the chances we see him in Long Island next year?
Apr 6, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Michael Leighton cleared re-entry waivers today and will be eligible to play for Philadelphia in the playoffs if need be. Getting a guy with Stanley Cup experience back for the playoffs is a nice luxury to have.
Apr 5, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
The Flyers placed Michael Leighton on re-entry waivers today, giving other NHL teams the chance to acquire him for half the price of his contract. This post breaks down the move from the Flyers and other teams’ perspectives.
Feb 26, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Earlier we provided an update regarding players who were claimed on waivers. Now let’s take a look at which ones weren’t claimed as well as the next round of players who were placed on waivers.
Feb 25, 2011, 1:19 PM EDT
Tons of action going on with the waiver wire leading up to the trade deadline. We’ve got the guys who are on and off it today.
Feb 24, 2011, 4:55 PM EDT
Trades both recent and old color today’s two waiver wire moves, as the Panthers placed Steve Bernier on waivers while the Lightning called Mike Smith back up on re-entry waivers.
Feb 21, 2011, 1:46 PM EDT
If you thought Sheldon Souray was going to be nabbed off re-entry waivers at half price, you’re going to be awfully disappointed today.
Feb 19, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
The Oilers placed Sheldon Souray on re-entry waivers, giving other NHL teams 48 hours to claim the hard-shooting but expensive defenseman at a discounted rate.
Jan 15, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets are doing their part to try to help Mike Commodore out of town by putting him on re-entry waivers. NHL defenseman now half-priced!
Jan 6, 2011, 3:51 PM EDT
Not long after Mike Commodore requested a trade, the Blue Jackets decided to waive him.
Dec 28, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
The Devils are preparing to place Brian Rolston on re-entry waivers, in hopes that another team will relieve them of half of his salary and cap hit.
Dec 15, 2010, 2:40 PM EDT
Brian Rolston cleared waivers to the surprise of just about no one today, so he’ll suit up for the New Jersey Devils. We discuss “what’s next?” after the jump.
Dec 14, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
The Devils put Brian Rolston on waivers. It’s not the salary cap ducking move you think it might be.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)