Aug 15, 2011, 10:02 AM EST
Penguins GM Ray Shero beat everyone to the punch saying that Pens captain Sidney Crosby did not need to be shut down at all during the summer.
Jul 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Steve Sullivan was excited to get a call from the Pittsburgh Penguins on July 1st. He says his #1 priority was to win the Stanley Cup and his #1 team was the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jul 1, 2011, 7:55 PM EST
With just two moves today, the Flyers managed to reignite a rivalry that wasn’t exactly hurting in the first place.
Jul 1, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
The Penguins are out of the hunt for Jaromir Jagr as GM Ray Shero pulled the team’s offer for the future Hall of Famer.
Jul 1, 2011, 1:21 AM EST
There’s a report that Jaromir Jagr has agreed to sign with the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow; meanwhile his agent continues to negotiate with other teams to drive the price up for his client.
Jun 28, 2011, 8:20 PM EST
The Penguins are fully in on Jaromir Jagr now that they’ve made him an official contract offer. Will it be enough to bring him back to Pittsburgh for the first time since 2001?
Jun 28, 2011, 4:13 PM EST
Now that we know the 2011 Hockey Hall of Fame inductees, the natural next question is: who was the biggest snub? Moving forward, the next wave of eligible players will make it tough for those scorned hopefuls to be part of the 2012 class.
Jun 21, 2011, 2:14 AM EST
Jaromir Jagr’s agent has contacted the Pittsburgh Penguins about a reunion… and the Pens are interested.
Jun 8, 2011, 5:38 PM EST
The Penguins made Bill Guerin their player development coach. This post elaborates on his role and also depicts the stability the franchise is setting up for itself.
May 29, 2011, 12:19 AM EST
Sidney Crosby will be re-evaluated soon to see how he’s progressing in his concussion recovery.
May 28, 2011, 9:34 PM EST
Wondering what the Pittsburgh Penguins might look like next season? You can start by imagining what they’ll look like without Mike Comrie and Alex Kovalev.
May 17, 2011, 6:32 PM EST
Penguins GM Ray Shero doesn’t know where any of the Jaromir Jagr returning rumors started, but if he does come back to the NHL, it probably won’t be in Pittsburgh.
May 10, 2011, 8:46 PM EST
Is it possible we could see Jaromir Jagr return to the NHL next season with the Pittsburgh Penguins? You might want to dust off that old 68 jersey just in case.
Apr 29, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
Wonder why you didn’t hear as much about Sidney Crosby during the Penguins first round loss to the Lightning? There’s a really good reason why.
Apr 28, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
With our final Five Thoughts of the first round, we’re happy to laud both the Lightning and Penguins management while being critical of both Boston and Montreal for different reasons.
Mar 21, 2011, 6:07 PM EST
Penguins general manager Ray Shero carries the flag for cracking down on head shots and dirty plays with his statement on Matt Cooke’s suspension.
Mar 9, 2011, 12:21 PM EST
The Penguins locked up another essential part of their foundation today, as they signed head coach Dan Bylsma to a three-year contract extension.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:06 PM EST
After eight years bouncing around other teams, Alex Kovalev is in Pittsburgh again after the Penguins acquired him in a trade with the Senators.
Feb 22, 2011, 5:12 PM EST
The Kings have come a long way by taking a slow and steady approach, but is it time for GM Dean Lombardi to be bold?
Feb 15, 2011, 2:59 PM EST
The war of rhetoric continues surrounding Mario Lemieux’s comments about the NHL’s handling of the suspensions in the Isles/Penguins brawl. Pens GM Ray Shero says his team plays it tough.
Feb 5, 2011, 5:05 PM EST
Wondering how long exactly Evgeni Malkin will be out of action? Some reports are saying it’ll be at least six months.
Jan 24, 2011, 12:32 PM EST
We already knew that he wouldn’t play in the game, but it turns out that Sidney Crosby won’t show up for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game weekend at all as he deals with concussion problems.
Dec 22, 2010, 7:00 PM EST
The next episode of HBO’s 24/7 Penguins/Capitals Road to the Winter Classic is on the way tonight and we’ve got some ideas on what to look out for.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)