Jun 28, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
The Penguins are fully in on Jaromir Jagr now that they’ve made him an official contract offer. Will it be enough to bring him back to Pittsburgh for the first time since 2001?
Jun 28, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Now that we know the 2011 Hockey Hall of Fame inductees, the natural next question is: who was the biggest snub? Moving forward, the next wave of eligible players will make it tough for those scorned hopefuls to be part of the 2012 class.
Jun 21, 2011, 2:14 AM EDT
Jaromir Jagr’s agent has contacted the Pittsburgh Penguins about a reunion… and the Pens are interested.
Jun 8, 2011, 5:38 PM EDT
The Penguins made Bill Guerin their player development coach. This post elaborates on his role and also depicts the stability the franchise is setting up for itself.
May 29, 2011, 12:19 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby will be re-evaluated soon to see how he’s progressing in his concussion recovery.
May 28, 2011, 9:34 PM EDT
Wondering what the Pittsburgh Penguins might look like next season? You can start by imagining what they’ll look like without Mike Comrie and Alex Kovalev.
May 17, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
Penguins GM Ray Shero doesn’t know where any of the Jaromir Jagr returning rumors started, but if he does come back to the NHL, it probably won’t be in Pittsburgh.
May 10, 2011, 8:46 PM EDT
Is it possible we could see Jaromir Jagr return to the NHL next season with the Pittsburgh Penguins? You might want to dust off that old 68 jersey just in case.
Apr 29, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
Wonder why you didn’t hear as much about Sidney Crosby during the Penguins first round loss to the Lightning? There’s a really good reason why.
Apr 28, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
With our final Five Thoughts of the first round, we’re happy to laud both the Lightning and Penguins management while being critical of both Boston and Montreal for different reasons.
Mar 21, 2011, 6:07 PM EDT
Penguins general manager Ray Shero carries the flag for cracking down on head shots and dirty plays with his statement on Matt Cooke’s suspension.
Mar 9, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
The Penguins locked up another essential part of their foundation today, as they signed head coach Dan Bylsma to a three-year contract extension.
Feb 24, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
After eight years bouncing around other teams, Alex Kovalev is in Pittsburgh again after the Penguins acquired him in a trade with the Senators.
Feb 22, 2011, 5:12 PM EDT
The Kings have come a long way by taking a slow and steady approach, but is it time for GM Dean Lombardi to be bold?
Feb 15, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
The war of rhetoric continues surrounding Mario Lemieux’s comments about the NHL’s handling of the suspensions in the Isles/Penguins brawl. Pens GM Ray Shero says his team plays it tough.
Feb 5, 2011, 5:05 PM EDT
Wondering how long exactly Evgeni Malkin will be out of action? Some reports are saying it’ll be at least six months.
Jan 24, 2011, 12:32 PM EDT
We already knew that he wouldn’t play in the game, but it turns out that Sidney Crosby won’t show up for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game weekend at all as he deals with concussion problems.
Dec 22, 2010, 7:00 PM EDT
The next episode of HBO’s 24/7 Penguins/Capitals Road to the Winter Classic is on the way tonight and we’ve got some ideas on what to look out for.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 13
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)