May 1, 2012, 9:25 PM EST
Two-time Art Ross Trophy winner carries $8.7 million annual cap hit.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:58 PM EST
So many choices …
Feb 19, 2012, 10:02 AM EST
His chemistry with Evgeni Malkin works out well.
Feb 1, 2012, 2:31 PM EST
“Just because the Penguins now say there was no fracture, why should we believe them?”
Jan 31, 2012, 7:55 PM EST
Video footage of the press conference.
Jan 31, 2012, 6:59 PM EST
Pittsburgh’s captain, along with GM Ray Shero, met with reporters today to answer questions.
Jan 28, 2012, 6:44 PM EST
It turns out it may not have been a concussion Crosby went out west to get checked out for.
Jan 28, 2012, 2:54 PM EST
Crosby hasn’t played since December 5 after playing in just eight games.
Jan 12, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
No. 87 will skate Friday in Florida.
Jan 6, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
Pat Brisson responds to the gossip du jour.
Jan 6, 2012, 12:29 PM EST
Concussions may not be the only thing stressing Ray Shero out.
Dec 29, 2011, 8:33 AM EST
He also said he wouldn’t have played on a line with Sidney Crosby either.
Dec 7, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
Tests reveal “no problems,” but Penguins “think it’s best that he sits out the next two games as a precaution.”
Nov 16, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
I know, it sounds crazy.
Nov 15, 2011, 3:25 PM EST
It’s been a rather hot topic.
Nov 9, 2011, 3:04 PM EST
Pittsburgh plays back-to-back this weekend. Could that be a hiccup for No. 87’s return?
Nov 8, 2011, 2:41 PM EST
…you’ll have to click the link to find out.
Nov 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
John Tortorella confirms that Sean Avery is going to hit the ice for the first time this season (NHL ice that is). If he’s looking for inspiration, another notorious pest (Daniel Carcillo) showed him exactly what he should be striving for as he makes his return. We present to you, our Morning Skate.
Nov 4, 2011, 11:13 AM EST
Sure the Penguins are injury-addled and testing the limits of their depth, but they’re also apparently shopping one guy in particular in advance of Sidney Crosby’s return.
Oct 27, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
We made it through an entire segment without swearing and/or fainting. Huzzah!
Oct 27, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero revealed some intriguing details on Sportsnet radio this afternoon.
Oct 4, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
The Capitals and Penguins will join forces to help families affected by the Lokomotiv tragedy during their Oct. 13 game in Pittsburgh.
Sep 7, 2011, 2:41 PM EST
Sidney Crosby updated his progress on coming back from a concussion and as we find out, he’s getting much better but he’s still not ready to return.
Sep 6, 2011, 11:17 AM EST
Sidney Crosby is going to finally speak to the media on Wednesday… But what will we find out from him?
Another dire Sidney Crosby recovery report, another denial by his agent, and why everyone should relax
Aug 22, 2011, 7:03 PM EST
Another week, another report that Sidney Crosby will miss the start of the season, and another denial of anything of the sort from those closest to him. Such is life for the NHL’s top star as he recovers from a concussion.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)