Jan 28, 2012, 2:54 PM EST
Crosby hasn’t played since December 5 after playing in just eight games.
Jan 12, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
No. 87 will skate Friday in Florida.
Jan 6, 2012, 4:56 PM EST
Pat Brisson responds to the gossip du jour.
Jan 6, 2012, 12:29 PM EST
Concussions may not be the only thing stressing Ray Shero out.
Dec 29, 2011, 8:33 AM EST
He also said he wouldn’t have played on a line with Sidney Crosby either.
Dec 7, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
Tests reveal “no problems,” but Penguins “think it’s best that he sits out the next two games as a precaution.”
Nov 16, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
I know, it sounds crazy.
Nov 15, 2011, 3:25 PM EST
It’s been a rather hot topic.
Nov 9, 2011, 3:04 PM EST
Pittsburgh plays back-to-back this weekend. Could that be a hiccup for No. 87′s return?
Nov 8, 2011, 2:41 PM EST
…you’ll have to click the link to find out.
Nov 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
John Tortorella confirms that Sean Avery is going to hit the ice for the first time this season (NHL ice that is). If he’s looking for inspiration, another notorious pest (Daniel Carcillo) showed him exactly what he should be striving for as he makes his return. We present to you, our Morning Skate.
Nov 4, 2011, 11:13 AM EST
Sure the Penguins are injury-addled and testing the limits of their depth, but they’re also apparently shopping one guy in particular in advance of Sidney Crosby’s return.
Oct 27, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
We made it through an entire segment without swearing and/or fainting. Huzzah!
Oct 27, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero revealed some intriguing details on Sportsnet radio this afternoon.
Oct 4, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
The Capitals and Penguins will join forces to help families affected by the Lokomotiv tragedy during their Oct. 13 game in Pittsburgh.
Sep 7, 2011, 2:41 PM EST
Sidney Crosby updated his progress on coming back from a concussion and as we find out, he’s getting much better but he’s still not ready to return.
Sep 6, 2011, 11:17 AM EST
Sidney Crosby is going to finally speak to the media on Wednesday… But what will we find out from him?
Another dire Sidney Crosby recovery report, another denial by his agent, and why everyone should relax
Aug 22, 2011, 7:03 PM EST
Another week, another report that Sidney Crosby will miss the start of the season, and another denial of anything of the sort from those closest to him. Such is life for the NHL’s top star as he recovers from a concussion.
Aug 17, 2011, 4:28 PM EST
Dan Bylsma says that he hasn’t spoken to Sidney Crosby about how he’s been feeling this summer, but discussed the fact that he’ll have a plan if Crosby’s recovery period continues beyond training camp and the start of next season.
Aug 15, 2011, 10:02 AM EST
Penguins GM Ray Shero beat everyone to the punch saying that Pens captain Sidney Crosby did not need to be shut down at all during the summer.
Jul 15, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Steve Sullivan was excited to get a call from the Pittsburgh Penguins on July 1st. He says his #1 priority was to win the Stanley Cup and his #1 team was the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Jul 1, 2011, 7:55 PM EST
With just two moves today, the Flyers managed to reignite a rivalry that wasn’t exactly hurting in the first place.
Jul 1, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
The Penguins are out of the hunt for Jaromir Jagr as GM Ray Shero pulled the team’s offer for the future Hall of Famer.
Jul 1, 2011, 1:21 AM EST
There’s a report that Jaromir Jagr has agreed to sign with the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow; meanwhile his agent continues to negotiate with other teams to drive the price up for his client.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 71
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)