May 16, 2012, 9:36 AM EDT
“We’re looking at hopefully getting extensions with [Crosby and Staal].”
May 1, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Two-time Art Ross Trophy winner carries $8.7 million annual cap hit.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:58 PM EDT
So many choices …
Feb 19, 2012, 10:02 AM EDT
His chemistry with Evgeni Malkin works out well.
Feb 1, 2012, 2:31 PM EDT
“Just because the Penguins now say there was no fracture, why should we believe them?”
Jan 31, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
Video footage of the press conference.
Jan 31, 2012, 6:59 PM EDT
Pittsburgh’s captain, along with GM Ray Shero, met with reporters today to answer questions.
Jan 28, 2012, 6:44 PM EDT
It turns out it may not have been a concussion Crosby went out west to get checked out for.
Jan 28, 2012, 2:54 PM EDT
Crosby hasn’t played since December 5 after playing in just eight games.
Jan 12, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
No. 87 will skate Friday in Florida.
Jan 6, 2012, 4:56 PM EDT
Pat Brisson responds to the gossip du jour.
Jan 6, 2012, 12:29 PM EDT
Concussions may not be the only thing stressing Ray Shero out.
Dec 29, 2011, 8:33 AM EDT
He also said he wouldn’t have played on a line with Sidney Crosby either.
Dec 7, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
Tests reveal “no problems,” but Penguins “think it’s best that he sits out the next two games as a precaution.”
Nov 16, 2011, 5:28 PM EDT
I know, it sounds crazy.
Nov 15, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
It’s been a rather hot topic.
Nov 9, 2011, 3:04 PM EDT
Pittsburgh plays back-to-back this weekend. Could that be a hiccup for No. 87’s return?
Nov 8, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT
…you’ll have to click the link to find out.
Nov 5, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
John Tortorella confirms that Sean Avery is going to hit the ice for the first time this season (NHL ice that is). If he’s looking for inspiration, another notorious pest (Daniel Carcillo) showed him exactly what he should be striving for as he makes his return. We present to you, our Morning Skate.
Nov 4, 2011, 11:13 AM EDT
Sure the Penguins are injury-addled and testing the limits of their depth, but they’re also apparently shopping one guy in particular in advance of Sidney Crosby’s return.
Oct 27, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
We made it through an entire segment without swearing and/or fainting. Huzzah!
Oct 27, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero revealed some intriguing details on Sportsnet radio this afternoon.
Oct 4, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
The Capitals and Penguins will join forces to help families affected by the Lokomotiv tragedy during their Oct. 13 game in Pittsburgh.
Sep 7, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby updated his progress on coming back from a concussion and as we find out, he’s getting much better but he’s still not ready to return.
Sep 6, 2011, 11:17 AM EDT
Sidney Crosby is going to finally speak to the media on Wednesday… But what will we find out from him?
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)