Jan 4, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
Barch’s hearing will reportedly take place at 10 a.m.
Jan 3, 2012, 2:43 PM EDT
It looks like the league will wait until tomorrow to make a decision.
Sep 29, 2011, 5:07 PM EDT
Is the Ontario banana-tosser a racist or just playing really, really dumb? You make the call.
Sep 23, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
Here’s a collection of reactions from NHL players, analysts, writers and fans regarding the ugly racist incident Wayne Simmonds dealt with last night.
Sep 23, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
While this is by no means a comprehensive look at the issue, here is a recent history (and some interesting articles) revolving around racism in the NHL.
Sep 22, 2011, 11:10 PM EDT
In what the NHL calls a “stupid and ignorant” display of racism, at least one fan threw a banana at black Philadelphia Flyers winger Wayne Simmonds during a shootout attempt tonight. Simmonds still managed to score on his attempt, although the Flyers ended up losing that preseason game to the Detroit Red Wings in front…
Aug 1, 2011, 11:12 AM EDT
While Alexander Frolov will be playing in Russia next season, he did have something to share about Sean Avery over his years of playing alongside him in New York and Los Angeles and it’s not too flattering.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)