Jun 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Peter Forsberg’s election helped cement the argument.
Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Oct 13, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
His forced trade to Philadelphia changed two franchises.
Mar 25, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
It will be finished by September 2015, but will they have a NHL tenant?
Jan 20, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
The Oilers could become the first team since the Nordiques to get three straight No.1 picks.
Nov 29, 2011, 7:01 PM EDT
Jim Balsillie just started sobbing.
Sep 14, 2011, 6:42 PM EDT
Former Nordiques owner Marcel Aubut seems to think that the NHL is coming back to Quebec City and soon. Guilty conscience turned into hope or is he right?
Sep 6, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
Quebec City’s council approved Quebecor’s naming rights deal, which could net the city $63.5 million over 25 years – if the NHL comes back to the former market. This marks a big step in that direction, but the city still has a long way to go before they can land a team if they get the arena built by 2015.
Jun 8, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
Quebec City’s dreams of following Winnipeg’s footsteps by bringing back the NHL were put on pause – if not dashed – by a decision to postpone voting on a new arena until the fall.
Mar 29, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
After more than 1,000 Nordiques fans crashed an Islanders game, Nordiques Nation plans on bringing about 2,000 to Newark for a Boston Bruins-New Jersey Devils game.
Dec 10, 2010, 11:11 AM EDT
A game between the Islanders and Thrashers in Long Island would normally draw a sparse crowd. Now, they’ll have a healthy number of Nordiques fans looking to stake a claim on either team.
Dec 9, 2010, 12:00 AM EDT
In an ideal world, the Quebec Nordiques and Winnipeg Jets could play in the NHL again. Unfortunately, the numbers say that the two markets would probably struggle to support a pro team.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)