Aug 17, 2014, 10:42 AM EST
Current situation unsustainable.
Mar 25, 2012, 2:36 PM EST
It will be finished by September 2015, but will they have a NHL tenant?
Sep 6, 2011, 9:25 PM EST
Quebec City’s council approved Quebecor’s naming rights deal, which could net the city $63.5 million over 25 years – if the NHL comes back to the former market. This marks a big step in that direction, but the city still has a long way to go before they can land a team if they get the arena built by 2015.
Sep 2, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
September could be a huge month for Quebec City’s NHL hopes.
Aug 21, 2011, 6:07 PM EST
Business Journal ranked out which cities would make for the best landing spot for new or relocating NHL franchises. While they can be financially capable that doesn’t mean they’d be a good landing spot for a team.
Aug 20, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
The Business Journal released an income-related study of the best markets for the NHL, with US markets like Las Vegas and Houston ranking high while top Canadian markets could only achieve “borderline” status – at best.
Jun 8, 2011, 11:53 AM EST
Quebec City’s dreams of following Winnipeg’s footsteps by bringing back the NHL were put on pause – if not dashed – by a decision to postpone voting on a new arena until the fall.
Feb 26, 2011, 12:16 AM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes sale continues to hit speed bumps for a second straight season, which only complicates things for other franchises who might need to move, like the Atlanta Thrashers.
Feb 10, 2011, 5:32 PM EST
Quebec City officials announced that their upcoming $400 million arena will be paid 50-50 by the city and the province.
Dec 1, 2010, 1:45 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers’ brass is in Quebec today to discuss a possible relocation if the team cannot acquire a new arena in Edmonton.
Nov 19, 2010, 1:17 PM EST
If you’re not familiar with NESN’s Jack Edwards, you’re really missing out on one of the most unique play-by-play men in the league. Chances are you remember better for his work with ESPN, but now he’s the voice of the Boston Bruins and if you’ve heard him call a game there you either love him…
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 1
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 1
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 24
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)