Aug 17, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Current situation unsustainable.
Mar 25, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
It will be finished by September 2015, but will they have a NHL tenant?
Sep 6, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
Quebec City’s council approved Quebecor’s naming rights deal, which could net the city $63.5 million over 25 years – if the NHL comes back to the former market. This marks a big step in that direction, but the city still has a long way to go before they can land a team if they get the arena built by 2015.
Sep 2, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
September could be a huge month for Quebec City’s NHL hopes.
Aug 21, 2011, 6:07 PM EDT
Business Journal ranked out which cities would make for the best landing spot for new or relocating NHL franchises. While they can be financially capable that doesn’t mean they’d be a good landing spot for a team.
Aug 20, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
The Business Journal released an income-related study of the best markets for the NHL, with US markets like Las Vegas and Houston ranking high while top Canadian markets could only achieve “borderline” status – at best.
Jun 8, 2011, 11:53 AM EDT
Quebec City’s dreams of following Winnipeg’s footsteps by bringing back the NHL were put on pause – if not dashed – by a decision to postpone voting on a new arena until the fall.
Feb 26, 2011, 12:16 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes sale continues to hit speed bumps for a second straight season, which only complicates things for other franchises who might need to move, like the Atlanta Thrashers.
Feb 10, 2011, 5:32 PM EDT
Quebec City officials announced that their upcoming $400 million arena will be paid 50-50 by the city and the province.
Dec 1, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers’ brass is in Quebec today to discuss a possible relocation if the team cannot acquire a new arena in Edmonton.
Nov 19, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
If you’re not familiar with NESN’s Jack Edwards, you’re really missing out on one of the most unique play-by-play men in the league. Chances are you remember better for his work with ESPN, but now he’s the voice of the Boston Bruins and if you’ve heard him call a game there you either love him…
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (88)