proposed rule changes
Mar 13, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT
Leafs GM Brian Burke thinks there’s a sense to “leave it alone and see where it goes.”
Mar 13, 2012, 5:21 PM EDT
It will be brought before the league’s competition committee in June.
Aug 17, 2011, 8:18 PM EDT
One of the potential rule changes the NHL is taking a look at is modifying the Delayed Penalty Rule. Would it be better for a team to be required to gain possession and clear the zone when trying to kill a delayed penalty?
Aug 10, 2011, 2:43 AM EDT
The league plans to take a look at a few proposed rule changes to help refine the NHL game as general managers continue their quest to perfect the game. Most of these rule changes will never see NHL ice, but here are five interesting concepts that caught our eye.
Nov 4, 2010, 5:11 PM EDT
Click “Read More” for details about Dale Tallon’s proposal to give each coach one chance to challenge a play.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 0
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 16
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)