Sep 29, 2011, 12:55 AM EDT
The last time Anze Kopitar faced the Colorado Avalanche, he broke his ankle in the second period. On Wednesday night, he scored two goals en route to a preseason hat trick.
Sep 26, 2011, 1:53 AM EDT
How the mighty have fallen. Jonathan Cheechoo continues to cling to his hockey career as the Blues waive the former 56-goal man. Next stop: the Peoria Rivermen of the American Hockey League.
Sep 25, 2011, 9:40 PM EDT
Sam Gagner is day-to-day after crashing into the boards against the Flames in a preseason game on Saturday night. Luckily for Gagner and the Oilers, the ankle injury doesn’t seem too serious…
Sep 24, 2011, 2:45 AM EDT
Not only did the Colorado Avalanche lose their preseason game on Friday, they also announced that Brandon Yip and Jan Hejda have been lost to injury.
Sep 24, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
Marian Gaborik and Brad Richards wasted little time showing what they’re capable of this season on Broadway. Both had a goal and an assist while working together for the first time on the Rangers top line.
Sep 23, 2011, 11:17 PM EDT
Jagr had a goal and an assist in his first period as a member of the Philadelphia Flyers. The scary part? He wasn’t happy with his performance.
Sep 19, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
Four games – including a double feature between the Panthers and Predators – mark the beginning of the NHL’s 2011-12 preseason today.
Sep 10, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The dog days of the offseason are finally over! NHL rookies battle each other in the annual Traverse City prospect tournament in Michigan beginning this weekend.
Aug 20, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Brian Burke offered the Leafs as “guinea pigs” during the preseason to test out some of the potential rule changes from the Research and Development Camp. So what is stopping the NHL from taking him up on the offer?
Aug 10, 2011, 1:01 AM EDT
The NHL released the full preseason schedule including trips to Baltimore, Kansas City, Las Vegas and multiple European dates.
Mar 26, 2011, 9:56 PM EDT
If you were looking forward to seeing the Capitals and Rangers play in Russia next season, dream on.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)