power play woes
May 5, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
The Caps are 1-10 with the man advantage in the series.
Jun 10, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
After two periods of Game 5 we’re still scoreless even though Vancouver got their power play opportunities again.
Jun 10, 2011, 9:11 PM EDT
After a scoreless first period, the Canucks are bringing the body while the Bruins bring the shots and missed power play opportunities.
Jun 7, 2011, 3:29 PM EDT
What hurt the Canucks in Game 3? Doing a lot of the things the Bruins did wrong in Games 1 and 2 with turnovers and special teams failure.
Jun 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
We learned a rather healthy amount about the Boston Bruins after tonight’s 8-1 beatdown in Boston as they pounded Vancouver to turn these Stanley Cup finals into a series.
Jun 4, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
The Bruins got their mojo back and finally found ways to beat Roberto Luongo and did it with help from their power play on top of all that.
May 5, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Another year, another playoff failure for the Washington Capitals. Just what went wrong this time around? We take a look at the numbers and misery in D.C.
Apr 30, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Yes, it seems that we need to start wondering aloud about how Steve Downie has gone from agitator extreme to potential Conn Smythe Trophy candidate.
Apr 28, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
The Penguins somewhat surprising first round exit from the playoffs saw more than a couple things go awry for them against Tampa Bay. We take a look at just what happened to Pittsburgh as they bowed out early.
Apr 28, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
With our final Five Thoughts of the first round, we’re happy to laud both the Lightning and Penguins management while being critical of both Boston and Montreal for different reasons.
Apr 24, 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
Join us at PHT for NHL Extra during Game 6 between the Sabres and Flyers live from Buffalo at 3 p.m. ET.
Apr 23, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin showed the Rangers why he still the most dangerous forward on the ice, meanwhile the Rangers power play continues to let them down as they trail 2-0 after two periods.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)