Jan 22, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
Marc Savard left today’s game against Colorado with yet another head injury. Could concussion problems be revisiting the embattled star center?
Jan 15, 2011, 11:10 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby is still dealing with concussion symptoms and there is no timetable for his return. What might this mean for the 2011 NHL All-Star Game?
Dec 19, 2010, 1:30 PM EDT
Ottawa’s Ryan Shannon is doing something noble to aid science in studying what happens to your brain after concussions.
Dec 7, 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
Blues center Andy McDonald will be out indefinitely after suffering from a concussion during the team’s overtime loss to the Oilers on Saturday.
Dec 2, 2010, 6:09 PM EDT
If the reports are right, Marc Savard will be in the Boston lineup for the first time this year.
Dec 2, 2010, 1:46 PM EDT
Peter Mueller has missed the early part of this season dealing with post-concussion syndrome. As it turns out, his progress isn’t going so well.
Dec 1, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
Pierre-Marc Bouchard discusses his first game back after 14 months away from the game because of concussion problems.
Nov 30, 2010, 2:44 PM EDT
After missing 112 of the Wild’s last 113 games due to concussion problems, Pierre-Marc Bouchard is set to return to action.
Nov 29, 2010, 4:36 PM EDT
It sounds like Marc Savard could return to NHL action as soon as this week. Maybe.
Nov 29, 2010, 12:35 PM EDT
David Perron is making progress – albeit slow – from concussion issues stemming from the hit that earned Joe Thornton a two game suspension.
Nov 22, 2010, 6:15 PM EDT
If Marc Savard passes one more rigorous test, he’ll be able to participate in full contact drills during Boston Bruins practices.
Nov 20, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Marc Savard wasn’t “fazed” by Colin Campbell’s e-mails … and might not be “fazed” by his concussion problems much longer, either.
Nov 19, 2010, 4:43 PM EDT
The Bruins are getting closer to having their full lineup back in action and that’s bad news for the rest of the league. While the Bruins are busy stopping goals from being scored, their offense is getting that much closer to getting the help they need as ailing center Marc Savard passed a conditioning test…
Nov 9, 2010, 7:30 PM EDT
Simon Gagne’s neck injury remains a “mystery” but, on the bright side, it seems pretty clear that Steve Downie will be in the lineup for tonight’s Lightning-Leafs game.
Nov 5, 2010, 10:38 PM EDT
Sadly, the reports regarding Pierre-Marc Bouchard being close to a return from concussion problems seem hasty.
Nov 4, 2010, 4:23 PM EDT
It sounds like Drew Doughty will indeed play in tonight’s game against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Oct 25, 2010, 6:06 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings were hoping that Drew Doughty would recover enough from concussion problems to return to the ice for Wednesday’s game against the Chicago Blackhawks, but that’s not going to happen. In fact, the team apparently placed Doughty on the injured reserve, according to the Los Angeles Times. While that means the all-world…
Oct 18, 2010, 9:50 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins probably didn’t expect Marc Savard to struggle this much with post-concussion syndrome, but he still faces an extensive journey to return to NHL competition. His progress will have to be measured in baby steps at this point, but at least there seems to be some decent news trickling through about the elite…
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 11
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 12
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 66
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 89
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)