Jun 7, 2012, 9:22 PM EST
Just like his playing career, sadly.
Apr 7, 2012, 7:09 PM EST
It is the playoffs, after all.
Mar 30, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Concussions are a strange beast, though.
Mar 12, 2012, 5:22 PM EST
Stan Bowman says Friday and Sunday are possible, too.
Feb 28, 2012, 8:09 PM EST
Chicago’s captain won’t play on Wednesday.
Feb 13, 2012, 9:13 PM EST
He’ll be out until the team figures out if it’s neck or concussion-related.
Feb 6, 2012, 7:52 PM EST
Horton’s gradually making progress recovering from a “mild concussion.”
Jan 27, 2012, 10:41 PM EST
You know the drill: there’s still no timetable for his return.
Jan 19, 2012, 9:12 PM EST
Paul Holmgren admits he holds no hope for Pronger’s return in season or playoffs.
Jan 19, 2012, 8:06 PM EST
More bad news for the beaten-down Blue Jackets.
Jan 16, 2012, 8:45 PM EST
Why it’s OK to worry but far too early to panic.
Jan 11, 2012, 9:20 PM EST
Colorado activated him from the IR today.
Jan 2, 2012, 7:51 PM EST
The Rangers are delighted to have him back, even if he might take time to get his game together again.
Dec 19, 2011, 9:55 PM EST
Let’s hope he takes the proper amount of caution, though.
Dec 15, 2011, 8:09 PM EST
Will he ever be the same player again?
Dec 13, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
The 14-year-vet had his own career derailed by concussions.
Nov 15, 2011, 1:22 PM EST
Former Flyer Keith Primeau is promoting the Impact Indicator, a device that measures the impact of a blow.
Nov 7, 2011, 11:57 PM EST
Eric Staal admits that he’s never hit his brother Marc harder than he did during that ill-fated game last season.
Oct 14, 2011, 11:53 AM EST
Here’s hoping that Andy McDonald isn’t suffering from post-concussion syndrome for the second season in a row.
Oct 14, 2011, 11:29 AM EST
No one wants to be the guy who re-injures Sidney Crosby in practice, but for the Penguins start to get ready, some teammate will need to knock him around a bit.
Oct 11, 2011, 5:39 PM EST
Penguins fans must temper their excitement today, as Sidney Crosby said that he didn’t meet with his team of doctors to gain clearance for contact today. This doesn’t mean it’s a setback, but it’s not a big step forward, either.
Oct 11, 2011, 11:33 AM EST
Sidney Crosby will reportedly meet with his team of doctors this morning with the goal of being cleared for contact. If that happens, he’ll be on the fast track to getting back into NHL games.
Oct 6, 2011, 11:54 PM EST
Sidney Crosby shared his thoughts about the league’s attempts to cut down on hits to the head as well as his rehab process in this video.
Oct 1, 2011, 5:56 PM EST
As expected, Sidney Crosby ruled himself out of the Penguins’ season opener on Thursday, Oct. 6.
Sep 26, 2011, 9:56 PM EST
David Perron joined his team again today, although he didn’t practice. He still has a way to go before that happens, with the next big step being a baseline concussion test scheduled for next week.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 39
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)