Mar 24, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
It’s probably excessive to say that the Predators’ next two games – tonight against the Ducks, Saturday vs. the Stars – will decide the final spots in the West, but they should have a huge impact on those races.
Mar 24, 2011, 1:20 AM EST
For the most part, the playoff-rich got richer while the desperate teams became poorer on Wednesday. Here are recaps of four contests that should have a substantial impact on the playoff picture.
Mar 23, 2011, 11:58 PM EST
Teemu Selanne’s game-tying goal shocked the Stars, helping the Ducks beat Dallas in overtime. It wasn’t the only good news for Anaheim, either, as top goalie Jonas Hiller was reactivated from the injured reserve.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:13 PM EST
The Predators keep plugging along toward a potential playoff berth and could benefit from the return of Cal O’Reilly and Steve Sullivan sometime soon. Read this post for information on that along with the lowdown on a huge week for the Preds.
Mar 22, 2011, 1:48 PM EST
The Northeast Division lead could change hands tonight if the Canadiens win and Bruins lose in regulation.
Mar 21, 2011, 10:54 PM EST
The Penguins blew a 4-0 lead against the Red Wings, but James Neal helped them earn two points anyway by scoring the shootout winner.
Mar 20, 2011, 4:14 PM EST
Sunday’s remaining five games could have a big impact on the playoff picture. Read this post for previews of each contest.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:00 PM EST
Two important games ended in shootouts that were actually pretty captivating tonight, with the Flyers finally earning a win against the Lightning 4-3 and the Sabres earning a comeback victory versus the Canadiens.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)