Mar 24, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s probably excessive to say that the Predators’ next two games – tonight against the Ducks, Saturday vs. the Stars – will decide the final spots in the West, but they should have a huge impact on those races.
Mar 24, 2011, 1:20 AM EDT
For the most part, the playoff-rich got richer while the desperate teams became poorer on Wednesday. Here are recaps of four contests that should have a substantial impact on the playoff picture.
Mar 23, 2011, 11:58 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne’s game-tying goal shocked the Stars, helping the Ducks beat Dallas in overtime. It wasn’t the only good news for Anaheim, either, as top goalie Jonas Hiller was reactivated from the injured reserve.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
The Predators keep plugging along toward a potential playoff berth and could benefit from the return of Cal O’Reilly and Steve Sullivan sometime soon. Read this post for information on that along with the lowdown on a huge week for the Preds.
Mar 22, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
The Northeast Division lead could change hands tonight if the Canadiens win and Bruins lose in regulation.
Mar 21, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
The Penguins blew a 4-0 lead against the Red Wings, but James Neal helped them earn two points anyway by scoring the shootout winner.
Mar 20, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
Sunday’s remaining five games could have a big impact on the playoff picture. Read this post for previews of each contest.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
Two important games ended in shootouts that were actually pretty captivating tonight, with the Flyers finally earning a win against the Lightning 4-3 and the Sabres earning a comeback victory versus the Canadiens.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40