Mar 24, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
It’s probably excessive to say that the Predators’ next two games – tonight against the Ducks, Saturday vs. the Stars – will decide the final spots in the West, but they should have a huge impact on those races.
Mar 24, 2011, 1:20 AM EDT
For the most part, the playoff-rich got richer while the desperate teams became poorer on Wednesday. Here are recaps of four contests that should have a substantial impact on the playoff picture.
Mar 23, 2011, 11:58 PM EDT
Teemu Selanne’s game-tying goal shocked the Stars, helping the Ducks beat Dallas in overtime. It wasn’t the only good news for Anaheim, either, as top goalie Jonas Hiller was reactivated from the injured reserve.
Mar 23, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
The Predators keep plugging along toward a potential playoff berth and could benefit from the return of Cal O’Reilly and Steve Sullivan sometime soon. Read this post for information on that along with the lowdown on a huge week for the Preds.
Mar 22, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
The Northeast Division lead could change hands tonight if the Canadiens win and Bruins lose in regulation.
Mar 21, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
The Penguins blew a 4-0 lead against the Red Wings, but James Neal helped them earn two points anyway by scoring the shootout winner.
Mar 20, 2011, 4:14 PM EDT
Sunday’s remaining five games could have a big impact on the playoff picture. Read this post for previews of each contest.
Feb 15, 2011, 11:00 PM EDT
Two important games ended in shootouts that were actually pretty captivating tonight, with the Flyers finally earning a win against the Lightning 4-3 and the Sabres earning a comeback victory versus the Canadiens.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)