Nov 2, 2011, 7:58 AM EDT
Authorities have figured out why Yaroslavl Lokomotiv’s plane went down in Russia is due to pilot error.
Sep 14, 2011, 11:59 PM EDT
Pierre McGuire sits down with Russ Thaler on NBC Sports Talk to discuss what the long term effects of the tragedy in Russia could be for the hockey world.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:42 PM EDT
As the KHL tries to figure out where to go from here, the league’s vice-president thinks it’s in the best interests of the fans and people of Yaroslavl to put a team together as soon as possible.
Sep 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
People always wonder about the “what ifs” in life. Detroit goaltender Joey MacDonald revealed that he was close to signing with Yaroslavl this offseason before the Red Wings offered a one-way contract. What if…
Sep 7, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
After an unbelievably horrible year, hockey fans and players will grow stronger after so much tragedy and use the game to help start the healing process.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)