Sep 27, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
Anaheim’s J.F. Jacques can now say he’s been Shana-banned as league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan hit him with an eight game suspension for making a legal line change to start a fight.
Sep 22, 2011, 8:02 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan got the book out and threw it at Jody Shelley for his reckless hit from behind on Toronto’s Darryl Boyce last night suspending him for a total of ten games.
Sep 22, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
Pierre–Luc Letourneau-Leblond will sit out the rest of the preseason (four games) and the Flames’ season opener against the Pittsburgh Penguins because of his illegal hit from behind on Canucks forward Matt Clackson.
Sep 4, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Cam Janssen admits that depression is often a part of the stressful job of being an NHL enforcer.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:42 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils wasted no time finding an enforcer to replaced the recently traded Pierre-Luc Letorneau-Leblond. Cam Janssen, the fighting ring is all yours.
Jul 14, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
Two small moves so far today: the Senators re-signed solid young forward Bobby Butler while the Flames sent a fifth round pick to the Devils for Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond. (Update: the Ducks also added Matt Smaby.)
Oct 13, 2010, 6:19 PM EDT
Devils high-priced forward Brian Rolston is headed to LTIR with a sports hernia injury. The Devils get the salary relief they’ve been hoping for but not in the way they wanted. So what’s next? We’ll tell you.
Oct 12, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Maybe it was salary cap circumventing deals such as Marian Hossa’s with the Chicago Blackhawks. Perhaps instead it was the fact the New Jersey Devils keep winning the Atlantic Division only to get kicked out of the first or second round of the playoffs. Or it could just be that GM Lou Lamoriello saw the…
Oct 11, 2010, 4:08 PM EDT
You had to know that when it was known that the Devils wouldn’t be able to afford any injuries early in the season thanks to their salary cap constraints that the hockey gods would find a way to make things interesting. It turns out that day is today as the Devils will be skating just…
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)